Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone pick up the Twister Snowman at the Long Beach Quilt Show this year? >

Did anyone pick up the Twister Snowman at the Long Beach Quilt Show this year?

Did anyone pick up the Twister Snowman at the Long Beach Quilt Show this year?

Old 09-04-2013, 07:05 AM

Default Did anyone pick up the Twister Snowman at the Long Beach Quilt Show this year?

I thought I could figure out this pattern but I can't. If you picked up this pattern please let me know the manufacturer so I can buy it for a friend and myself - please! I can't find it on the web either.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Is this it? http://www.stitchntimefabrics.com/sh...fer-HBJ007.htm Or this one? http://loriscountrycottage.danemcowe...wheel-twister/ Or this one?http://www.creativequiltkits.com/win...d-designs.html My there seem to be a lot of them.

Last edited by dunster; 09-04-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Which one? I googled "twister snowman quilt pattern" and several designs came up. If none of these are the ones you are looking for, can you describe it a bit more????
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 PM

Default Did anyone purchase the full-length twister snowman at the Long Beach Quilt Show?

I forgot the picture last time Did anyone purchase this pattern or know where to find it ? I can't seem to find it anywhere and would like it for a friend and I> Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails imag0221.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 AM

There is a picture now!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM

I am still looking for someone who knows where to purchase this pattern, please!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Several years ago, I bought a quilt kit from Linda at a quilt show in Phoenix, AZ. Her website is: http://sew-blessed.net/ The kit I bought was the pink one to the right as you are looking at the snowman picture. The Long Beach Quilt Show is not listed as one she did, but maybe she knows something about the quilt you are looking for. She is the ONLY one I ever saw with that pink quilt kit with the pattern Around the Block, which is very similar to Warm Wishes.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 AM

He's cute. And not too difficult to reverse-engineer, if you can't find the pattern. Draw a grid (the snowman is nicely quilted in a grid pattern, so it's easy to see where to draw). Now, at each grid intersection, make a dot in the colour of the pieces that meet up there. Does that make sense? Look at the scarf for example - the top left corner is a pinwhell of 4 red segments. They meet at one of the grid intersections, so colour that intersection red. Do that for the whole quilt - now put a square of the appropriate colour in the location of each dot. Sew/cut/sew as a regular twister (I assume you know how that's done already) and voila!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 PM

I've looked all over for this pattern for you and I can't find it either. Let us know if you find it
Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 AM

Thank you for the explanation - I bought graph paper and tried to figure it out but was lost in the translation of squares to what the twister would look like. Now, bless your good eyes and mind I have an idea of what to do!
Thanks,
Janet

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
He's cute. And not too difficult to reverse-engineer, if you can't find the pattern. Draw a grid (the snowman is nicely quilted in a grid pattern, so it's easy to see where to draw). Now, at each grid intersection, make a dot in the colour of the pieces that meet up there. Does that make sense? Look at the scarf for example - the top left corner is a pinwhell of 4 red segments. They meet at one of the grid intersections, so colour that intersection red. Do that for the whole quilt - now put a square of the appropriate colour in the location of each dot. Sew/cut/sew as a regular twister (I assume you know how that's done already) and voila!