Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: did anyone watch Martha Stewart today?

They were making Christmas stocking and using a template to make a pattern on velvet. It was quite pretty but I was interested in the iron she was using. I was quite surprised to see her using a Singer as this company has a reputation for less than stellar quality of their sewing machines. I read some of the reviews of the iron and they look pretty good and the price on Amazon isn't bad has anyone tried this iron?

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting, but I don't watch her.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I tape it but haven't watched it yet. I have several irons and they all do very well with a plastic cover thingy that stops burns. I never put water in mine either.

Martha Stewart is the Singer spokesperson. She gets paid to use their products.

That said however, my experiences with Singer in the last few years have been good. I know they got a bad reputation for shoddy products over the last 20 years but it seems to me they're getting better.

Martha Stewart and Singer have some kind of affilliation - - I think there is some craft contest sponsored by Martha and Singer, so they are connected somehow, and they probably sponsor her show.

Can't vouch for the quality of a Singer iron, never used one, but I love their scissors (pink handled ones, best scissors I ever bought).

I've learned long ago, that just because someone on t.v. is using a product, it means squat. They're being paid to use it. I wish advertisers would pay me! :-)

I have to say, I don't watch her, but on the Singer products, I have used them all of my life and all of them have lasted many years, usually I have only replaced one when i wanted different options that my current one didn't have.

I wanted to watch, and had to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    They were making Christmas stocking and using a template to make a pattern on velvet. It was quite pretty but I was interested in the iron she was using. I was quite surprised to see her using a Singer as this company has a reputation for less than stellar quality of their sewing machines. I read some of the reviews of the iron and they look pretty good and the price on Amazon isn't bad has anyone tried this iron?
    Can you post the link for this iron at Amazon? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I've learned long ago, that just because someone on t.v. is using a product, it means squat. They're being paid to use it. I wish advertisers would pay me! :-)
    Isn't that the truth....people can be so swayed by someone on TV....it really amazes me. Plus, I cannot stand Martha Stewart!