Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Difference between "Warm and Natural" and "Warm and White"?

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar

Difference between "Warm and Natural" and "Warm and White"?

Is there any difference between "Warm and Natural" and "Warm and White" batting? Or is just that one is white in color and the other is beige in color?

If there is any other difference - which one do you like better, and why?

Don't have a clue but here is what I found on the Warm Co. website:

"You asked us for a white cotton batting that was just like Warm & Natural. Well, we were listening! Whitened cotton fibers are processed through the same needle punch technology as Warm & Natural. Now you can stop dreaming of what you would do with a white Warm & Natural and get to work. Break out all of those light colored fabrics! Your batting won't peek through your delicate whites or beautiful pastel hues.

Warm & White also brings frosty snowmen, radiant angels and gleaming polar bears to life. A whole new world of color has opened simply because we took the color out of Warm & Natural.

The adventure is just beginning. Whether you want a brilliant snowy outside or an inside that will not peek through, Warm & White will deliver.

As you would expect, Warm & White shares the same characteristics that you love about Warm & Natural:

Will not separate or bunch
    Contains no glue or resins
    Quilt or tie up to 10" apart
    Will not beard
    Fabric naturally clings to batting
    Gives an antique look
    Keeps its shape wash after wash
    Ideal for any creative project."

So we both learned something new today! Happy quilting
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

No difference, really, except the one is white...warm and natural is just that. About the color of unbleached muslin. I use warm and white in a quilt that has white in it...or that I use a white backing on. So far, that has been one baby quilt, and waiting on a warm and white batting to do another baby quilt with.

Isn't it a wonderful product? It needles so nicely when hand quilting, or machine quilting. I quilt much much closer than recommended, especially for baby and children's quilts, though --- to make sure it lasts!

The only difference is the color as far as I know.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Thanks everyone!

I have to ask...I usually buy warm and white because of the seed(?) flecks in the warm and natural. I'm always concerned they may peek through a light colored fabric. Have any of you ever experienced this or am I being overly cautious? Laura

Quote Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
    I have to ask...I usually buy warm and white because of the seed(?) flecks in the warm and natural. I'm always concerned they may peek through a light colored fabric. Have any of you ever experienced this or am I being overly cautious? Laura
    I was just thinking that was the only other difference I've ever noticed between the Warm & White and Warm & Natural. I usually just buy the white because that way I can use it with any color. I don't like the way the natural shows through super white fabrics or sometimes warms up cool colors that are very very light. On the other hand, sometimes that "warm" effect is exactly what I want. It is nice to have options.
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

I would assume warm and white is just bleached W&N but I could be wrong
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D