Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pellon Natural Cotton batting vs. Warm and Natural

  1. #1
    Super Member kim_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    So Cal -->TN
    Posts
    1,638
    Blog Entries
    4

    Pellon Natural Cotton batting vs. Warm and Natural

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used Pellon Natural Cotton batting for quilting and if it is compatible with Warm and Natural? I am in a ministry where we use Warm and Natural for all our quilts but it is expensive and I noticed Joanne's has a 25 yard roll of the Pellon on sale as a holiday door buster for $99 (reg $275).

    Thank you in advance for your input.

    Kim

  2. #2
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301

  3. #3
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    It should be very similar to Warm and Natural, as it is a cotton batting needlepunched through a scrim. There seem to be very few reviews of the Pellon online. The one comment I have seen about it is that it is a relatively linty batting. This wouldn't stop me from using it.

    Pellon assigns different numbers to its battings, and I think there is more than one type of cotton batting that they sell. That's why the following one (#2107) may not be the same type as the one being sold at JoAnn's. If you have a chance to stop at JoAnn's, maybe you can find out the # on the bolt that is being sold. Anyway, here is a link to the one sold on Overstock, which has several reviews attached to it:
    http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...7/product.html

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southeast Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_s View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used Pellon Natural Cotton batting for quilting and if it is compatible with Warm and Natural? I am in a ministry where we use Warm and Natural for all our quilts but it is expensive and I noticed Joanne's has a 25 yard roll of the Pellon on sale as a holiday door buster for $99 (reg $275).

    Thank you in advance for your input.


    Kim
    And if you expect to get the doorbuster price, be in line about 5:00 am because Joannes is notoriously poor at having any stock on their door-busters.

  5. #5
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    And if you expect to get the doorbuster price, be in line about 5:00 am because Joannes is notoriously poor at having any stock on their door-busters.
    Unless you order on line.

  6. #6
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_s View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used Pellon Natural Cotton batting for quilting and if it is compatible with Warm and Natural? I am in a ministry where we use Warm and Natural for all our quilts but it is expensive and I noticed Joanne's has a 25 yard roll of the Pellon on sale as a holiday door buster for $99 (reg $275).

    Thank you in advance for your input.

    Kim
    I'm not sure if it's the same batting I bought at Wal-Mart on the bolt or not but if it is I like it except that it seems to shed some. It's really lightweight and very soft.

  7. #7
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow! Thanks for mentioning the online option. Here is a link to it online:
    http://www.joann.com/promotional-nat...busters&ici=41
    I wonder if a free shipping coupon can be used with it?

    This says it is Nature's Touch, which is the same batting I purchased in king-size packages recently at JoAnn's for 50% off. I can see why it might shed some, as it is very soft and fuzzy, but it got a good review here:
    http://raevenfea.com/reviewing/pello...touch-batting/

  8. #8
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just tried adding it to the JoAnn's online cart; shipping would be $23. I looked for free shipping coupons, but I think they all expire before the batting doorbuster sale.

  9. #9
    Super Member kim_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    So Cal -->TN
    Posts
    1,638
    Blog Entries
    4
    I added the roll to my cart and it showed a promo code of PKG322 for free shipping. Maybe it will work on the doorbuster day!! Wishful thinking but you never know.

    Thank you everyone for your comments.

    Kim

  10. #10
    Super Member sewingsuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,897
    Do you have to order the day of the doorbuster online, to get that price? I plan on driving 60 mile that morning to get the deal but hope they have it left. below the Merry Moolah coupon I see a phone # to call for exclusions 1800-525-4951. Under the add for the batting I don't see anything about if you can order online. If anyone can tell me what to do about this I would save aggravation and gas. Thanks
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

  11. #11
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    My slick flyer that came in the mail has a free shipping coupon good through Dec.24th. The code is TER359, order has to be $50 or more, and can be used only once per person. It says it cannot be combined with other offers/promo codes, so I don't know if it will work with the doorbuster, but worth a try.

    sewingsuz, my guess is you would have better luck online than in the shop. As someone else posted who works at JoAnn's, she said her store is getting in only two or three rolls. They don't give rainchecks either. If you go to JoAnn Fabrics online (http://www.joannfabrics.com ) they have all the doorbusters listed there too, so it should be possible to get it online. Shipping cost is the big question, as shipping on the cotton roll is $23 to where I live.

    One thing I am wondering is what time of day the doorbusters start online. Seems to me it might be a good idea to be online at one minute after midnight that day. If stuff doesn't go on sale right after midnight, then I would have to guess whether it would be 6:00am my time, 7:00am, or ...... Might be worth a call or email to JoAnnFabrics online to ask about that. As for me, I have so much batting now, I probably won't take advantage of this deal.
    Last edited by Prism99; 11-15-2012 at 08:53 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sewmanyideas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Raeford,NC
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    My slick flyer that came in the mail has a free shipping coupon good through Dec.24th. The code is TER359, order has to be $50 or more, and can be used only once per person. It says it cannot be combined with other offers/promo codes, so I don't know if it will work with the doorbuster, but worth a try.

    sewingsuz, my guess is you would have better luck online than in the shop. As someone else posted who works at JoAnn's, she said her store is getting in only two or three rolls. They don't give rainchecks either. If you go to JoAnn Fabrics online (http://www.joannfabrics.com ) they have all the doorbusters listed there too, so it should be possible to get it online. Shipping cost is the big question, as shipping on the cotton roll is $23 to where I live.

    One thing I am wondering is what time of day the doorbusters start online. Seems to me it might be a good idea to be online at one minute after midnight that day. If stuff doesn't go on sale right after midnight, then I would have to guess whether it would be 6:00am my time, 7:00am, or ...... Might be worth a call or email to JoAnnFabrics online to ask about that. As for me, I have so much batting now, I probably won't take advantage of this deal.
    I spoke with someone from Joann's a minute ago and she said that the sale price will show up 12am EST.
    Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachga11?ref=si_shop

  13. #13
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ooohhh, thanks! That's really good to know! (Not that I need any more batting.......)

  14. #14
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301
    (I'm posting it here instead of the other 99 threads on the same subject.)

    Done.
    Ordered online with free shipping code (thanks Prism99 and ScissorQueen).

    I did have a $15 coupon off that did NOT exclude door busters, but the addl $3 buck savings was not enough to induce me to go the store.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Pellon Batting

    I just placed an order for the 25 yards of Pellon batting at Joann's at the $99 price and I got free shipping with code: TJKB326. However, there was $8+ tax added.

    I have not used this batting and could find no information as to the width of the batting. But for the price, I figure I can't go wrong and can always use it for the smaller charity quilts if it is not more than 45 inches wide. Robin

  16. #16
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,385
    I went in person to JoAnns. I tried to go online but the site was sooo slow..and I could not get the site to "load"m the page with the batting... I was watching the clock and knew If a waited any longer .. there was very good chance the store would be sold out. .. I made the dash for the store .. Got there in the nick of time. My store had 6 rolls.
    So I have my roll of 90 inch wide batting .. and will be set for quite some time.

    Ironically , I just checked and you can still get it online... and the site is going much faster.
    Last edited by Lori S; 11-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.

  17. #17
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    11,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by QUILTER4CHARITY View Post
    I just placed an order for the 25 yards of Pellon batting at Joann's at the $99 price and I got free shipping with code: TJKB326. However, there was $8+ tax added.

    I have not used this batting and could find no information as to the width of the batting. But for the price, I figure I can't go wrong and can always use it for the smaller charity quilts if it is not more than 45 inches wide. Robin
    Don't worry; it's 90" wide!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.