Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pellon Natural Cotton batting vs. Warm and Natural >

Pellon Natural Cotton batting vs. Warm and Natural

Pellon Natural Cotton batting vs. Warm and Natural

Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

My slick flyer that came in the mail has a free shipping coupon good through Dec.24th. The code is TER359, order has to be $50 or more, and can be used only once per person. It says it cannot be combined with other offers/promo codes, so I don't know if it will work with the doorbuster, but worth a try.

sewingsuz, my guess is you would have better luck online than in the shop. As someone else posted who works at JoAnn's, she said her store is getting in only two or three rolls. They don't give rainchecks either. If you go to JoAnn Fabrics online (http://www.joannfabrics.com ) they have all the doorbusters listed there too, so it should be possible to get it online. Shipping cost is the big question, as shipping on the cotton roll is $23 to where I live.

One thing I am wondering is what time of day the doorbusters start online. Seems to me it might be a good idea to be online at one minute after midnight that day. If stuff doesn't go on sale right after midnight, then I would have to guess whether it would be 6:00am my time, 7:00am, or ...... Might be worth a call or email to JoAnnFabrics online to ask about that. As for me, I have so much batting now, I probably won't take advantage of this deal.

Last edited by Prism99; 11-15-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
My slick flyer that came in the mail has a free shipping coupon good through Dec.24th. The code is TER359, order has to be $50 or more, and can be used only once per person. It says it cannot be combined with other offers/promo codes, so I don't know if it will work with the doorbuster, but worth a try.

sewingsuz, my guess is you would have better luck online than in the shop. As someone else posted who works at JoAnn's, she said her store is getting in only two or three rolls. They don't give rainchecks either. If you go to JoAnn Fabrics online (http://www.joannfabrics.com ) they have all the doorbusters listed there too, so it should be possible to get it online. Shipping cost is the big question, as shipping on the cotton roll is $23 to where I live.

One thing I am wondering is what time of day the doorbusters start online. Seems to me it might be a good idea to be online at one minute after midnight that day. If stuff doesn't go on sale right after midnight, then I would have to guess whether it would be 6:00am my time, 7:00am, or ...... Might be worth a call or email to JoAnnFabrics online to ask about that. As for me, I have so much batting now, I probably won't take advantage of this deal.
I spoke with someone from Joann's a minute ago and she said that the sale price will show up 12am EST.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Ooohhh, thanks! That's really good to know! (Not that I need any more batting.......)
Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 AM
MTS
Banned

(I'm posting it here instead of the other 99 threads on the same subject.)

Done.
Ordered online with free shipping code (thanks Prism99 and ScissorQueen).

I did have a $15 coupon off that did NOT exclude door busters, but the addl $3 buck savings was not enough to induce me to go the store.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Pellon Batting

I just placed an order for the 25 yards of Pellon batting at Joann's at the $99 price and I got free shipping with code: TJKB326. However, there was $8+ tax added.

I have not used this batting and could find no information as to the width of the batting. But for the price, I figure I can't go wrong and can always use it for the smaller charity quilts if it is not more than 45 inches wide. Robin
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM

I went in person to JoAnns. I tried to go online but the site was sooo slow..and I could not get the site to "load"m the page with the batting... I was watching the clock and knew If a waited any longer .. there was very good chance the store would be sold out. .. I made the dash for the store .. Got there in the nick of time. My store had 6 rolls.
So I have my roll of 90 inch wide batting .. and will be set for quite some time.

Ironically , I just checked and you can still get it online... and the site is going much faster.

Last edited by Lori S; 11-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QUILTER4CHARITY View Post
I just placed an order for the 25 yards of Pellon batting at Joann's at the $99 price and I got free shipping with code: TJKB326. However, there was $8+ tax added.

I have not used this batting and could find no information as to the width of the batting. But for the price, I figure I can't go wrong and can always use it for the smaller charity quilts if it is not more than 45 inches wide. Robin
Don't worry; it's 90" wide!