Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever find you want to sew something simple and easy between quilts?

Blog Entries
    Yes,me, me, me!

Quote Originally Posted by judylg View Post
    Did some searching and found something that is easy and I have everything I could use in it, in my fabric. ((Even better! !!) Here is the link to it, hope it works.
    http://nanacompany.typepad.com/nanac...ll-quilts.html
    Not planning on copying it, but using some of the ideas.
    I agree that is a cute little project that gives many different ideas...i liked them

Blog Entries
    -I'm doing some quilting for my car. Some one put a cigarette burn in the ceiling liner and its right in my liner of vision in the rear view mirror and it is driving me crazy-so the plan is to replace with a whole cloth quilted liner and some scrappy quilt for the pieces at the sides of back wind screen and my arm rest. I bought some old time oil cloth to make some quilted water proof seat covers for swimming season to keep the seats dry Summer time is just around the corner I got to get ready- : )

Blog Entries
    Pillowcase dresses for Africa - Nacy Zieman will ship them.

I started making quilts as my "in-between" project. I used to make shirts and vests. Watching my wife quilt infected me with the bug. I only make fairly simple quilts, not the elaborate ones like my wife does. Now my in-between projects are usually clothesline-wrapped baskets. I don't know why, but making baskets calls to me. Years ago, I crocheted baskets out of macrame cord.

Tate
    King of the Rocketeers!

Yes something fast and easy, like a day project.

Want to make a bag to carry my music stand in, so tomorow I will visit the LQS and see if Kay has any "music" type fabric.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

I embroider or make rag rug balls.

Sometimes it takes two or three easy sewing projects before returning to something more complicated. It takes the stress out of it all. But, we do love our sewing.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

It is interesting to see what everyone considers stressful and no brainers. For me, those string quilts are HIGHLY stressful. I also about had a nervous breakdown when I tried to do the Bonnie Hunter method of organizing scraps.

I find that if I work continually on a quilt I get very bored and frustrated. So, I stop and do something more productive even if it is just sewing up baby burp cloths. I also get very overwhelmed by colors sometimes. So, I try to keep projects of multiple color types in waiting. For my BOM last year it was in feed sack fabrics. So, I did the practice blocks in an older, earthy CT collection called Root of the Madder. This year I am doing a CW BOM and I have brights picked out to make my practice blocks from.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast