Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get half way through a quilt...

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I usually finish them and then don't want to give them to anyone because I'm embarrassed about them. I have a few just sitting in my closet with no one I would dare give them to.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I bought expensive batiks for a quilt for my sister. Then I fuse some yellow flowers on top of the background I made. I hated it. I still have the unfinished top but decided I will rip it off and re-use the fabric on other projects. It took me a good 2 years to decide to rip it off and I haven't done it yet. I guess if I came up with a design for the fabric it will be much easier to do it.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Yes, I have made quilts that I regret the color choice, but others loved them. I now know that I personally prefer quilts that have a great deal of white in them. I know what types of quilts I like and what I don't like. Since I quilt just for me, I make quilts with the colors that I like and they mainly turn out OK.....now.

I would not rip, I would finish the quilt, you might grow to love it. If you don't feel like using it now, store it and maybe use it when company comes and you need extra bedding. Can't have too many quilts when guests come.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenR View Post
    My first quilt is still sitting because I do not like my fabric choice.
    i say finish it up, donate it or throw it out. in any event, it would be out of your house, and you will be able to focus your energy on the positive experiences. i know that this kind of negative energy bogs me down.

I tell my LA. Quilter that i dont want to see the quilting thread. I want to see the fabric. Live and learn..
    S
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Since I make a lot of quilts for Linus, I figure if I'm not all that crazy about my fabric choice, I'll still go ahead and finish it. Someone, somewhere is bound to like it

Yes, this has happened to me. But, LOL, for me, I am way too lazy to tear something apart and way too A type personality to not get a project finished. I belong to a quilting group and someone there always loves whatever it is I am not liking...lol...so I send it home with them and they finish it. Then we always bring whatever we have completed to share and so eventually it shows back up at the quilting group and looks great! Win win for everyone!

Hi there..you know if that is all that bothers you , you can take a fabric pen or crayon and color the threads on the back. I know that is allot of work but it seems tons less work than tearing it all out..good luck..

Same thing happened to me too. Bought material on an impulse at the end of a quilt show and once I got home really didn't like it. Finished the quilt but it went to charity. Live and learn. Nice to know that happens to other people too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast