Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get tired.....

Do you ever get tired.....

Do you ever get tired of a quilt before you finish? I'm hand quilting a queen-size quilt using 9" interlocking circles. It seems like the more circles I quilt, the more there is to do!!!! I can't stop and start something else. We live in a 35' fifth wheel so space is VERY limited. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and not worry about how many circles are left. I'm not under any time frame for finishing so that's not a problem. I'm just tired of the quilt.

Yes, I have gotten tired of a quilt before I have it finished. I don't know if you have more than the one project going, but I usually find that if I have a little variety it helps to get the larger project done. Maybe set a set amount of time each day to work on your queen size quilt, and then give yourself another amount of time you can work on something else. It will be worth your effort once it is done...and as you get closer to being done it probably will get easier for you to want to finish it.

Main reason I no longer hand quilt, machine quilting is so much faster.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Isn't that what UFOs are? I have started many quilts that I don't like so they get set aside. And I collect other people's orphan blocks or unfinished projects to finish. I've re-purposed some of them but for some their day will come.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Oh Yeah I git bored easily! I'm worse with machine quiltin'. With hand quiltin' my feelin' is "...look how much I've already done," but with machine quiltin' it's "...why am I not finished yet?"
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I absolutely get tired of quilts before they're finished sometimes. That's why I usually have two or three projects going at a time so I can have a break from one. And there's nothing wrong with just simply not finishing it right now. You can always go back to it in say 3 or 4 years..... (I just finally finished one I had sitting around for at least 4 years..)
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

You could cut some squares and start a PP project since your space is limited. That is always a great time killer and a break from your circles. It will fit in a shoe box and is easy to do anytime. :-)
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
    Do you ever get tired of a quilt before you finish? I'm hand quilting a queen-size quilt using 9" interlocking circles. It seems like the more circles I quilt, the more there is to do!!!! I can't stop and start something else. We live in a 35' fifth wheel so space is VERY limited. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and not worry about how many circles are left. I'm not under any time frame for finishing so that's not a problem. I'm just tired of the quilt.
    Yes, every time I make a quilt of any size I'm bored with it. I do soldier on and finish 'though.

: )

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
    Isn't that what UFOs are?
    Amen to that!

Confucious says: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step." Look only at the circle you are working on. The rest will take care of themselves. I do know how you feel, though.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast