Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever look at quilts on here and... >

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Old 07-17-2010, 06:48 AM

All the time, but like you I have been quilting for a little less than a year and with each quilt I get better.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:34 AM

I agree with many of you about "enjoying the journey'. We are all unique and each moves at their own pace. Seeing everyone else's work on here is so wonderful. Remember even 15 years ago, it would not have been possible, plus we would never have met so many wonderful friends. I will never catch up with everything on this board but I am so glad I found you all. Lastly, I say to everyone who is getting discouraged...don't be. Enjoy the talents you have. You can strive to make them better but don't forget to keep it fun!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 AM

I've been quiting about 6-7 years and am very cretical of my own quilts, but when I look at ones on display in shops, I realize mine look as good as those. I love hand quilting and am pretty good at that, better than at free-motion quilting. I read and reread magazines and instruction books and always seem to find some tip that I missed before that will make my quilt better and my quilting easier.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Oh,my.....I started quilting about 20 yrs ago, maybe more.Nothing I
make is perfect & finally realized it's the process,from deciding on the next quilt,to choosing fabric,making blocks & admiring the quilt top that I enjoy the most.Perfection has nothing to do with it.

So yes,when I see the perfect beautiful quilt pics,I do admire them.But,hey,mine will do.....family likes them, uses them
& that's fine.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:29 AM

You are right...when your family & friends like them that is all that matters. And I do enjoy the process. I noticed that you live in Ohio. I live in Huber Heights, Ohio.

Originally Posted by justme2
Oh,my.....I started quilting about 20 yrs ago, maybe more.Nothing I
make is perfect & finally realized it's the process,from deciding on the next quilt,to choosing fabric,making blocks & admiring the quilt top that I enjoy the most.Perfection has nothing to do with it.

So yes,when I see the perfect beautiful quilt pics,I do admire them.But,hey,mine will do.....family likes them, uses them
& that's fine.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM

i am almost positive that everyone here that has been quilting for awhile has ripped out seams!! my seam ripper and i are best friends!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Near Dayton? Yrs ago we had friends living in Huber Heights.Of course,
it's a much larger town now.Pat Ce
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM

I understand that it isn't a competition, but when I see those gorgeous quilted pieces, I know that they are really our of my league. I'm happy with piecing and then quilting in the ditch or cross-hatching. Once in a while there is a hand quilted in the ditch. I'm happy doing what I can do. And I make others happy with my humble products. But...........my eyes and heart really love seeing all the beautiful works of art.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM

We were all beginners, once. Sometimes when I look at some of my work I think I never graduated from beginner. Other times I'm so proud of what I've done. Then I remember I'm getting older and nothing is as it once was. I'm just happy to be quilting.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:06 PM

Yeah, Huber Heights has grown. I've lived in Huber for going on 30 years now.

Originally Posted by justme2
Near Dayton? Yrs ago we had friends living in Huber Heights.Of course,
it's a much larger town now.Pat Ce