Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you ever meander quilt from the bottom of the quilt?

I was having trouble seeing the thread while I was stitching, because it was the same color as the quilt, so decided I'd try quilting from the bottom. It worked out much better. Have any of you ever quilted from the bottom? Do you have any suggestions or tips?
    YTQ

Blog Entries
    I find it easier too. As long as you baste it well so it doesn't shift, it shouldn't be a problem. On my last quilt (the one in my avatar), I used water soluble thread to baste it across the width. Then I stitched in the ditch with regular thread on the dividers for the length. That held it in place perfectly while I was quilting. When done, I washed and all the basting was gone. It's a great way to baste!

Using water soluble for basting is a great tip.

Blog Entries
    You may get an extra pucker if you are quilting from the back... the front of the quilt is not as smooth as the back is. I would make extra sure that you have the quilt basted well and then go for it :D:D:D