Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have to check for threads hanging on your clothes before leaving the house? >

Do you have to check for threads hanging on your clothes before leaving the house?

Do you have to check for threads hanging on your clothes before leaving the house?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM

Oh yes! I had on a pair of black sweat pants the other day, and without thinking about threads. I went to the Post Office. It never dawn on me to check my pants for thread. When I got to the post office I happen to look down and my pants where covered with thread. Now on I check my clothes for threads before I go out the door.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:46 AM

I have four dogs, and anyone that tells you short haired doxies don't shed.....ha. One is a tri-colored black & white, and I wear a lot of black, so I have lint rollers in all rooms. And then I shed afterwards, lol.

My mother sewed, and she was, shall we say, under endowed? So she wore those foam enhancements in her bra. It was nothing to be out shopping with her and see a threaded needle stuck in her boob.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Threads - yes. But also cat and dog hair. I check when going out to lunch or dinner, but not to the grocery store, etc. But then I think no one notices anyway!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Our "Quilts For Giving" group was honored at a party at the hospital for donating so many quilts to them. A friend that does not sew but donates to our group went with me. She started picking threads off my clothes and placed them on hers as she said "she felt left out" as everyone there had threads on their clothes!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 AM

Yes, I call it my trademark - funny thing is - even my dogs have hanging threads - just another way to tell a quilter from a non quilter.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 AM

how does anyone recognize you without threads and pins??? :)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Covered in Threads
Originally Posted by joysewer
I love the saying and have been wanting to make a little sign of it for years: You can always tell a quilter by the threads she wears.
Dear joysewer,
I love your recommendation for a sign. If you don't mind I'm going to ask my buddy who works on wood to make me a sign for my sewing room.
I don't mind at all!!! I got the saying online somewhere. Would love to see a pic of your sign when you get it!!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 AM

I've gone out more than once with my scissors (on lanyard) still hanging around my neck. I didn't realize it until I got home and then understood why a few people were staring at my chest.

Ha! and I thought it was my lovely figure (not)....
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 AM

I guess one can say that "quilter's really get thread up at times".
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 AM

Don't have time now to read the whole thread, but "Have you ever had someone in church lean over and pluck a thread from your clothes? :o)