Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have this machine? >

Do you have this machine?

Do you have this machine?

Old 06-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Banned

From a machine embroidery point of view, when doing small lettering, use a cut away stabilizer and thin thread top and bobbin. It helps small lettering look neater, crisper.

Cari
Old 06-25-2016, 02:18 PM

Thank you Cari for the tip on using stabilizer...
Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 AM

My Kenmore/Janome is a 386 and as best I can remember, I think I bought it in about 2003 or 2004. It is a workhorse, if ever there was one and until this year, it had never been in a shop. I clean and oil it myself. But I killed it and had to find a repair person. I thought it was "toast", but he called the next day and said it was ready. It had jammed and given me the dreaded E message. $45 dollars and we were in business again. Did I say I love this machine? The fonts are rather small, but usable unless you have failing eye-sight.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 AM

I think, if you are wanting this machine to make labels, it would depend on what type of label.

I think, if you are wanting
this machine to make labels,
it would depend on
what type of label.

The first one you should be able to make with no problems, the second one will be a little more difficult to keep the lines evenly spaced. I personally gave up on the second type of label.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:30 AM

I have a kenmore about that age and it does fonts. I was able to sew on my grandsons flannel rag quilt, his name, school name, and year and it still shows up and you can read it. Not bad for flannel. I now have two big machines but my daughter after using my kenmore one weekend wants it, she loves it. I'd buy another one in a heart beat if the need arises.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:42 PM

Well I did get the machine from my friend and I am finding it a bit confusing as this is my first electronic machine....I have always only stitched on a mechanical.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

I have a Kenmore but the embroidering space is so small that I have to set it on the smallest size lettering and still can only make a label about 4" in length and height. It's also very tedious.