Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: Do you have a price limit?

Unfortunately for my wallet ... if I gotta have it ... I gotta have it. I do try to buy on sale or use coupons or take advantage of free shipping etc. but still, if I have totally fallen in love with something ... I grin and bear it.

Susan

If I like/love a fabric I usually buy it. I buy about 2 yards. Prices have gone up so much and if there is a sale I wil buy more.

I have spent up to 14.99 a yard, but that was unusual and it was for 120 wide for a quilt back. I also like to try to keep it low, but it just depends on the fabric and if it is perfect for the project in mind. I also like to stay around $5 a yard when possible.

I really do have a limit. I think that ten dollars a yard is absolutly enough to pay but in the past I have went over that if they had a sale.

quilting cotton is 17,00$ a meter up here...i would NEVER pay that for it....i only buy on sale and look for about 6,00$ a meter....but can`t afford to buy anything for quite a while....my furnace broke down a couple weeks ago so have to pay for that first!!! darn!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    With all the many discussions that have been on the forum in the past year about prices, may I ask if you have an upper price threshold for buying fabrics, that you will not cross?

And - because we all have different budgetary considerations - I would be delighted if everyone would feel free to answer without worrying about whether someone else thinks that their number is too high or too low.

That said, do you have a price limit? Or three - for regular cotton, batiks, and backings?

Non-US quilters, feel free to answer, too. We all know your numbers will be different than ours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    With all the many discussions that have been on the forum in the past year about prices, may I ask if you have an upper price threshold for buying fabrics, that you will not cross?

And - because we all have different budgetary considerations - I would be delighted if everyone would feel free to answer without worrying about whether someone else thinks that their number is too high or too low.

That said, do you have a price limit? Or three - for regular cotton, batiks, and backings?

Non-US quilters, feel free to answer, too. We all know your numbers will be different than ours.
    :wink: O.K. you did it, I had to look at the site. Of course I then saw some fabric that I needed (did I say needed, I guess I should have said wanted) for my House BOM Blocks that I am doing for this board. I did purchase smaller amounts on some but was very glad to see a few patterns that I haven't seen. I guess I would have to say that I am willing to pay more for something that I really want. I am going to stop buying, at least stop looking for a couple of days. Thank You BrendaK

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15