Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a Viking/Husqvarna Designer SE? >

Do you have a Viking/Husqvarna Designer SE?

Do you have a Viking/Husqvarna Designer SE?

Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 AM

I have 5 HV machines, but I dearly love the SE, have the D1, Topaz30 (larger throat space) and the Designer Diamond. I have the embroidery modules for all of them, but only use the Diamond for embroidery. I keep the walking foot on the SE, the D1 is used for piecing. The Topaz is due for its annual checkup so not currently using it. I would have nothing but HVs now. Service has been excellent, and my dealer is just the best. The only issue I would have with buying used from Craigs List or any other used place is that if you do have a problem where do you take it. If you buy used from a dealer, it will have been serviced and cleaned, and you would get help with learning how to use it.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:29 AM

As far as the person who had embroidery issues, I have had that problem, and all it was was that the thread had come out of the tension hook on the top of the machine, rethreading solved the problem. You do have to keep embroidery machines immaculately clean of lint, threads, etc. Clean the bobbin area of all tiny threads, and lint. Any time I have ever had issues during embroidery, it has been "operator error" and not the machine.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:46 AM

I have one and love it,mine will not be on craigslist.I also have the diamond and love it also.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 AM

Our local sewing shop services everything even if you didnt buy it from them. They even do inspections for 35$ where they put a machine through its paces to tell someone if any obvious signs of a problem were apparent. They do not service it, just test everything out looking for obvious stuff. Very popular service and they are really cool about it.

Our local sewing store also does free lessons even if you didnt buy it there. It is a great way to get folks into their store, and allows them a chance at service, after market addons, and new sales opportunities that would be there otherwise.

So if you arent comfortable just plopping down and trying it out with the seller, or bring a friend who is comfy with these machines or what machines should do, see if they would do a sale contingent on inspection you pay for. 99% of the women and men on this board would probably agree to that, so it is a reasonable request.