Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Know if There is A Pattern For This Quilt?? I Love This Quilt.

Fresh, bright colors. I love it! Very pretty pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    Looks like an Irish Chain quilt bordered by a plain 1st border then 9 patches on point. Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a YouTube tute on how to make an Irish Chain quilt.
    I agree, looks like the simplest Irish Chain, which is just a 9 patch with the four corners and the center in colors. Can't get much easier.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    I agree, looks like the simplest Irish Chain, which is just a 9 patch with the four corners and the center in colors. Can't get much easier.
    Right, it's a single Irish Chain. There's a cool video on how to make one on Youtube done by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilting Company. I'm making a baby quilt for a co-working in the Irish Chain Pattern. Fun and simple.

MTS
    Banned
    If that was the ONLY version of the block you made, you wouldn't get the same design as Elizabeth's lovely quilt.

Blog Entries
    this is probably one of the situations where EQ7 would be better, but this one i designed in my EQ5. the quilt is 66x66 with borders of 1.5, 3, and 1.5. i cannot get the measurements for the patches of the 9p on point [i could probably do that with graph paper as the 9p's are 3" diagonally]. the inner blocks are 3".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nancy in western NY

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    If that was the ONLY version of the block you made, you wouldn't get the same design as Elizabeth's lovely quilt.
    Sorry, GrannieAnnie, I read your post, incorrectly, as referring to the Irish Chain block (the larger double(?) 9-patch block ), and not the single 9-patch.

(Only because that's the way I would construct it.)

My bad.
    Last edited by MTS; 11-15-2012 at 04:04 AM.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    t i cannot get the measurements for the patches of the 9p on point [i could probably do that with graph paper as the 9p's are 3" diagonally]. the inner blocks are 3".
    On your version, the 9-patches blocks used in the border would FINISH at 2-1/8, not a really fun size (17/8) to divide by 3.

3 / 1.414 = 2.122 ...round up to 2.125"

The beauty of Elizabeth's quilt is that the inner and outer 9-patches are the same size.

eta: Not Elizabeth, but Shari's mom.
    Last edited by MTS; 11-15-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Nicely done.
    And in 1935, no less.
    The quote, from Elizabeth Ryan DeCoursey's book, is from 1935...the quilt, made by the blogger's mother, is new.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The quote, from Elizabeth Ryan DeCoursey's book, is from 1935...the quilt, made by the blogger's mother, is new.
    Ah, so it is.

Still impressive.

Blog Entries
    On your version, the 9-patches blocks used in the border would FINISH at 2-1/8, not a really fun size (17/8) to divide by 3.

3 / 1.414 = 2.122 ...round up to 2.125"

The beauty of Elizabeth's quilt is that the inner and outer 9-patches are the same size.

eta: Not Elizabeth, but Shari's mom.
    since you are so good at the math, how wide does the on point border have to be to make the 9p's the same size as the inner section, 3" ?
    Nancy in western NY

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast