Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do You Know if There is A Pattern For This Quilt?? I Love This Quilt.

Banned
    The 9-patch is not on point.
    I also assume it's a 3" finished block alternated with a 3" finished (cut 3 1/2) white square.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    The 9-patch is not on point.
    I also assume it's a 3" finished block alternated with a 3" finished (cut 3 1/2) white square.
    The 9-patch in the border isn't on point?

Your Omigosh is gorgeous! I love the bright colors you've chosen and your piecing is perfect. Please share finished pics!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
    I somehow stumbled onto this image on the webpage and I am in love with this quilt. I love how the 9 patches on point border the quilt. Has anyone seen this in a pattern before? I would need pattern help to make the "on point 9 patches" work out in length with the rest of the quilt.

http://shari-chocolatebox.blogspot.c...ine-patch.html

Man that is an awesome quilt I just love it I have made a many of a nine patch but none looking like that well done.Keep them coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005

Blog Entries
    All the quilts are great and they look like Irish chains to me.

Cookie64
    Life is great, enjoy each day as if it was your last. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

To calculate the size of the setting triangles for the border you can go to this website http://www.ctpubblog.com/2010/08/03/...ing-triangles/
    They give a fairly simple explanation.
    For those who wonder why they are using 1.414, it's because that is the approximate square root of 2. The length of the diagonal of a square is the length of one of its sides multiplied by the square root of two. This is all based on the Pythagorean Theorem.

Its looks like a 9 patch with the plain color being like an x on the block and then a plain white block. The borders look like its a triangle then the 9 patch and another triangle, its put together with a 45 Degree angle I made a border with the same type of slant one time.

I would say the interior of the quilt is a 9 patch and then a solid block, alternating. The border definately looks like the 9 patch on point --you can see the seam lines go across and form a "square" block.

Quilt pattern

It's a single Irish Chain in the center section, they are not on point in the center. A single Irish Chain is a nine patch block and a plain block, alternated. this one is scrappy...and I really like the on point blocks in the border.
    The attached picture shows a scrappy Irish Chain.
    This is one of my favorite patterns, simple to make, and can be very striking.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
    I somehow stumbled onto this image on the webpage and I am in love with this quilt. I love how the 9 patches on point border the quilt. Has anyone seen this in a pattern before? I would need pattern help to make the "on point 9 patches" work out in length with the rest of the quilt.

http://shari-chocolatebox.blogspot.c...ine-patch.html
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Blog Entries
    I love the "Oh my gosh" quilt. Is that the name of a pattern? I would like to make that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast