Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you know if there is?

Blog Entries
    Do you know if there is a shop or individual interested in purchasing handmade items for resale? Several years ago a friend and I sold items to a local shop for a set price, the shop owner then sold the item above and beyond our fee. We felt it was a win win situation for us. Not wanting to sell on ebay, etsy, consignment, nor wanting to pack and ship or monitor all that goes along with selling, what outlets might be available? TIA

might try etsy.com it is like ebay but for handmade items

Check with any second hand clothing stores in your area. They may be interested.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    we have a privately owned coffee shop in our town. They display/sell the work of local artisans. Perhaps a small bookstore, or cafe?

Am interested in learning more from this thread...Keep your ideas coming, please.

try a consignment shop

I have never found anyone that wants to buy upfront. Every business that has contacted me wanted consignment. Since they didn't have money invested in the item, they didn't give it proper showcase and it would sit in a corner and gather dust and dirty finger prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeview Quilting
    Do you know if there is a shop or individual interested in purchasing handmade items for resale? Several years ago a friend and I sold items to a local shop for a set price, the shop owner then sold the item above and beyond our fee. We felt it was a win win situation for us. Not wanting to sell on ebay, etsy, consignment, nor wanting to pack and ship or monitor all that goes along with selling, what outlets might be available? TIA