Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you name your machines?

I was reading the thread on the Tin Lizzie and it caused me to wonder how many name their machines?

I really don't have names for my small machines but I did name my Gammill. Her name is Maxine since she did maximum damage to my checking account and well as available space in my studio.

Yep, I sure do. We had a thread just a short time ago about naming them. Go to search and you will see how funny we quilters are...

The only machine of mine that has been named is my Featherweight. I call her Agatha "Aggie" Faye.

I sure do! I have a White that I call "Betty" and a Singer named "Sally". Those are the ones I use all the time.

I also have a vintage Singer 66 that I call 'Granny' and a serger called 'Flash' (since she is so fast!)

My big janome is Big Mama
    My baby janome is baby
    My old singer is Matilda
    My older singer is Annabella
    Just waiting til I get the next machine and I will name her then. Funny, my sergers I don't name, wonder why.

Haven't named my Kenmore yet. But dragged down my MIL's from the attic, cleaned her up and named her Annie after my MIL!!! :-)

My Bernina is named Bernice....after that crazy gal from Designing Women. My favorite episode is when the girls give her a Christmas Tree skirt for Christmas and she comes in wearing it as a real skirt.

Anyway long story...even longer. Yes I do, and I LOVE Bernice! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...nBdc&vq=medium

I had a friend that asked why I named my machine Freya. I told her it's because she's a Viking of course. :)

Banned
    I named my Brother 900D after the wonderful guy who sold me it and services it...Bert. Because they are both relaibale and consistant:)
    And I named my 4000D Daisy... first because she was as pretty as a daisy...and afterwards she lived up to the name by playing 'love you...love you not...' everytime I wanted to sew with her...LOL! She has since gone in for a tune up and I am certain Bert will send her back with a better attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by miholmes
    My Bernina is named Bernice....after that crazy gal from Designing Women. My favorite episode is when the girls give her a Christmas Tree skirt for Christmas and she comes in wearing it as a real skirt.

Anyway long story...even longer. Yes I do, and I LOVE Bernice! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...nBdc&vq=medium
    OMG!!! That is so funny. I don 't think I saw this episode!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast