Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you quilt your own?

Just curious - I have been wondering how many of you quilt your own quilts (machine or hand) OR send them out to be quilted. I ONLY do mine at home - on the regular sewing machine (Handiquilter is packed away) - I do the Cotton Theory type of quilting.

Blog Entries
    Depending on the quilt. I have quilted by hand, on my regular sewing machine and sent them out for quilting. I choose the type of quilting depending on the use of the quilt. Happy quilting to all.

I have in the past either tied or hand quilted. I am learning to do quilting on my regular machine, but I am fighting wiht lap sized, haven't tried larger.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    Just curious - I have been wondering how many of you quilt your own quilts (machine or hand) OR send them out to be quilted. I ONLY do mine at home - on the regular sewing machine (Handiquilter is packed away) - I do the Cotton Theory type of quilting.
    What is the cotton theory type of quilting? (curious)

Blog Entries
    I've had a couple sent out to a longarmer. I rather do it myself. I use a simple grid or circles and sometimes I do feathers or shapes using a stencil. I like Georgia Bonesteel's method of quilt as you go. I do that for a lot of my quilts.

Blog Entries
    I tried the Cotton Theory and the Fun and Done. I like Georgia's method much better.

Blog Entries
    I mostly quilt my own. I do a lot of stich in the ditch, echo or grid pattern. I am trying to learn FMQ but it just ain't happenin. LOL :lol: If the quilt is going to be a special gift or just to big fo me to do, I send it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    It is a form of quilting-as-you go. You work with sandwich of backing, batting, and top. I didn't try, but bet a Google of "Cotton method quilting" would bring up information. A lady with the last name of "Cotton" put out a book on this method, hense, the name.

Quote Originally Posted by moreland
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    It is a form of quilting-as-you go. You work with sandwich of backing, batting, and top. I didn't try, but bet a Google of "Cotton method quilting" would bring up information. A lady with the last name of "Cotton" put out a book on this method, hense, the name.

Thank you! Working on project Linus quilts so the faster we can do them the better. I want them to look great but not take up too much time.
    :-D

I quilt all my own work. I wrestle with twin up to queen size on my machine. But I am having a blast making small lap quilts and baby quilts. This summer I plan on using my square stash and make pot holders, hot pads and coasters as gifts for Christmas.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast