Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think sometimes you are creating a growing monster?

I am working on my Attic Window,finished the top months ago. Had to put it aside for last Christmas. Now this is the first quilt I have made for myself. I decided to make it big enough to cover the pillows and did so. As a top on the bed I loved it. I sandwiched it, basted it, Loved it was satisfied on how it looked. Wanted to get it done befor the Fourth July. Have my curtains ready,almost. This is my Guest Room Been here for 3 years and have blue sheets hanging on the dowls. Now I am ready to Decorate.
    I have been working on it every chance I get. One hour here,a couple there. Until I got it stippled completely. MY FIRST FREE MOTION TOO!!!! It was easy and FAST.
    Then I said WOW! all I have to do is stitch in the ditch around the sashes and I am finished. Then it started GROWING!!!!! :shock: The more I stitched in the ditch I know it was Growing :shock: My Kenmore is a very good machine. I love it. But it has a short throat. Regular machine. I have folded,rolled,squeezed, pushed until an hour ago, I took it off the machine,laid it out on my cutting table. Looked at it with Glee and counted only 24 more blocks. :lol: :lol: plumb GIDDY ME :lol: :lol: Turned it over to cut threads,it was lovely no pleats,NONE Then I SAW SOMETHING :shock: It had Grown I still had A QUARTER of that quilt to Stitch in the Ditch. :cry: My shoulders hurt,my hands hurt. :cry: But It can not beat me. I will have it finished by Saturday or Else :twisted: :twisted: Don't know how big it is going to get before I am finished. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted: Histerically :lol: :lol:
    BillsBonBon

Blog Entries
    Alas, the monster struck at your house :x :x :x He is wiley and sneaks into the folds as you wrestle your quilt into the throat of your machine :evil: :evil: The trick is to try and catch him with the needle as you are quilting away :wink: :wink: this traps him in the ditch :shock: :shock: and turns him into harmless fabric lint 8) 8) 8)

Can't wait to see the pictures of this quilt!!! Good for you on tackling stippling and sticking with this, quilt monster :twisted: and all :D :D :D :D

Oh, this was just too good! I so enjoyed it. It makes me shudder in remembrance of making my DIL's queen sized quilt. It seemed like the further I went, the more I had to go. And the extra bulk was ridiculous! Never again, no ma'am, no way. I'll do smaller projects, but never a full sized quilt again. :evil:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh, this was just too good! I so enjoyed it. It makes me shudder in remembrance of making my DIL's queen sized quilt. It seemed like the further I went, the more I had to go. And the extra bulk was ridiculous! Never again, no ma'am, no way. I'll do smaller projects, but never a full sized quilt again. :evil:
    What's wrong with Quilt as you Go, Ducky? Quilt every block before joining into strips with sashing. Quilt the sashing. Make two rows, and join with sashing, then quilt that. Make another row, join to the first two rows, and quilt that sashing. Repeat until you have all the rows joined. At any time, you only have one row of blocks under the machine!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OL, this sounds like you are now in slap happy and well on your way to being Hysterical!!! WALK AWAY FROM THE MACHINE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the boogey-quilt monster! Lurking in every bed sized quilt ever quilted on a regular machine. You shall prevail, vanquish and emerge victorious!

I like to hand quilt! I think I will stick to smaller pieces to FMQ because I have a small throat area also. Even half the quilt bunched up in that area is a lot!

Will have to consider QAYG.

You are a poet, and didn't know it ...
    You have a gift beyond quilting if the "saga of the growing quilt" is any indicator.
    Congratulations!

Been there, done that! I quilted several quilts on my DSM (domestic sewing machine). Then I quilted a queen and said never again!

Hang in there! Those little gremlins will forget to show up some night and you'll be able to finish this!

Blog Entries
    Awww heck...just sit down with it, give it a huge evil grin and stuff that baby through the machine! You can beat that sucker! :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast