Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a flying geese ruler? Which one?

I have watched Elanor Burns use her QIAD flying geese rulers so many times and it looks so easy that when I had a chance to buy a set cheap off ebay, I ordered them. I have not had a chance to use them yet. I got the large and small sizes. I like the idea of making them a little oversized and trimming them down because somehow I always get the goose's "beak" too close to the edge and the point gets cut off. Looks like there are a lot of ways to do them.
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ohstr View Post
    Deb Tucker Studio 180 designs rulers - Wing Clipper these rulers can be used for all sizes of flying geese and you only need one to make several sizes of FG. I have several of her rulers and I really like them. She has a website and there are several You Tube videos that you can check out -- Good Luck!,
    I just bought this ruler. I am so glad to hear you like it!
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Check out Bonnie Hunter's site. She makes them with the companion angles rulers and there is no waste.

Blog Entries
    I use Deb Tucker's Wing Clipper also! I have the quilt in a day ruler also, but it is limited to two sizes. The wing clipper has several sizes you can make with the one ruler.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    I'm a Wing Clipper fan, too! You do trim down - thus wasting a tiny bit of fabric - but they come out PERFECT every time.
    I've tried other rulers, but this is the best.
    Andrea

There are a couple of flying geese rulers out there but according to all my quilting friends they all say that the Deb Tucker Flying Geese ruler is the best. I do love it. I tend to make my blocks a wee bit larger and trim them down using this ruler. Another great ruler is the Tucker Trimmer. I don't purchase all rulers and I have found that both these rulers are worth the investment.

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns flying geese rulers that come in a set of two. Bought at JoAnne's with a coupon. Mom and I were having a dickens of a time until we bought those rulers and finished quickly!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I use Eleanor Burns ruler....Love it..

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    Bought my Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler (small) from Joann's with coupon. I love it!

I use Eleanor Burns ruler and it goes fast. You can also do her method and not necessarily use her ruler.
    Theresa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast