Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you use a flying geese ruler? Which one?

There are a couple of flying geese rulers out there but according to all my quilting friends they all say that the Deb Tucker Flying Geese ruler is the best. I do love it. I tend to make my blocks a wee bit larger and trim them down using this ruler. Another great ruler is the Tucker Trimmer. I don't purchase all rulers and I have found that both these rulers are worth the investment.

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns flying geese rulers that come in a set of two. Bought at JoAnne's with a coupon. Mom and I were having a dickens of a time until we bought those rulers and finished quickly!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    I use Eleanor Burns ruler....Love it..

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    Bought my Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler (small) from Joann's with coupon. I love it!

I use Eleanor Burns ruler and it goes fast. You can also do her method and not necessarily use her ruler.

I would use the quilt in the day rulers and own both or I do the now waste method (no ruler).
    Anna Quilts

I have one I bought from Marti Michell

I have every flying geese ruler made and if you want Quilt in a Day, I will send them to you! I use the Wing Clipper by Deb Tucker. She has a Wing Clipper II out now, but I find the original Wing Clipper gets used 99% of the time. In fact, I lost it and bought another, then found the old one, so now I have one I can leave packed in my Going Quilting bag. I use the two squares method whereby you get 4 flying geese at once. I had a quilt with 64 flying geese, itty bitty ones, and without that Wing Clipper I never would have been able to make that quilt. It is worth every penny of
    the $20.00 it costs. I love mine. Michelle
    Michelle Guadarrama

I use the quilt-in-a- day FC rulers because I get four done with minimal waste. I like Ricky Tims method if I want it 3D
    Kathie Hansen

Tell us your 'Secret' of how Not to use a Ruler Please??? Any help with FG will be Appreciated by all these Quilters i'm sure! Ricky Tim's one-seam FG are fun and fast, but Rulers are my Thingy, lol, SO like I said tell us your method of Not using a Ruler....tnx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2