Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your bow tuck bags?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Any Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Woolley
    Where is this pattern for the cute bag?
    That's what I'd like to know. I've been looking for a freebie, but no luck yet. Maybe just use a standard tote pattern and add a pocket on the front and ties on the side?
    I ordered mine from Amazon. Have been too busy to make it yet, but after seeing all the pics I am getting soooo ready!

I love my bow tuck bags, especially for travel and have made 3 (don't have a pic of my black and white)and one diaper bag. Use the search and put in bow tuck and you'll come up with alot of beautiful examples by the talented people on this board. I think there is a tute for part of the assembly. I've made them with longer handles and magnetic snaps for Joann's.

Here's a link to mine: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56560-1.htm

Blog Entries
    I do sew bags, and use the plastic cutting mats they hold up better than anything i have used so far. hope my pictures post. I also like the magnetic closures. Dottie Bug
    Attached Images Attached Images        

They are all so cute.

this is absolutely beautiful and very well worth a compliment every where you go, is there anyway that I could possibly talk you into selling it to me? lol lol

I have made 13 of these and kept 3. One for summer, one for winter and one for fall. I use mine as a purse all the time and love them. I just use a button and things seem to stay in good.

Blog Entries
    Get a $1.00 place mat from dollar store or wally world. One is enough for 2 bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by geckos42
    I was going to use one of the thin plastic cutting boards from IKEA in the bottom. Inserting it between the lining and the outside will definitely hold it in place!

I have made three for myself, and use them all the time. I do not put the pockets in, as I find i like nice roomy bags, and I seem to spend more time looking in each pocket for whatever I am searching for when i have a bag that is divided into pockets

Blog Entries
    @ wvdek: what is metal measure? I made a purse and am now going to make another. I did make it with a zipper and found it was annoying to close the nylon zippers. I love all the pockets in these purses....

where do you get the pattern?? Sounds wonderful!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast