Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a HQ Sweet Sixteen sitdown quilting machine? >

Does anyone have a HQ Sweet Sixteen sitdown quilting machine?

Does anyone have a HQ Sweet Sixteen sitdown quilting machine?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM

Good luck with your search!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM

I have the HQ 16, which is much bigger. If I didn't have room anymore for my midarm I would definitely get the Sweet 16. It takes up much less room and is a great quilting machine.

HQ gives you lots of support too, through your local dealers and through HQ itself.

I think you would really like it.

ali
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM

I just got mine last xmas. I love it though i think for my self a stand up would be better. I am saving up so i can convert it into a stand up. I just think if you could keep the quilt tight and taunt it would be better
Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm looking into sit-down long arm machines too but I'm not happy with the stitch regulators I've seen so far.

Are there any sit-down long arm machines that have a stitch regulator that is part of (or bolted onto) the actual machine itself? And not the mouse-like gizmo that has to be attached to the quilt?

Stitch regulation is a BIG part of why I want one of these machines, and after playing with a couple I am convinced I do NOT like the gizmo-attached-to-the-quilt method. If that's the only type of stitch regulation available for sit-down long arms...I don't think I want one!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM

I own the HQ sweet sixteen and love it! Buying a gently used one was the way to go for me. The warranty is transferable and their support is outstanding. I don't have the Trustitch.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 PM

I just got mine a year ago and I have to say I love it. I don't have a stitch regulator on mine, I was advised to try it without one first before making the investment as most people prefer not to bother with it. I bought mine used from a private seller. It takes some practice managing the drag of a large quilt, but you have so much more room and a lot clearer view of your quilt I feel with the Sweet 16 over a domestic. Have fun shopping!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 AM

Prefer moving machine not quilt.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Ladies, please be cautious when spending on these expensive quilting machines.
I own a Sweet 16 and absolutely love it! I previously owned a mid arm on a frame. I didn't like the small throat nor the standing up. It was very hard on my back.

With the 16 inch throat sit down there is still a little maneuvering to be done on a large quilt. But when I am FMQ I only care about the 12 inch square under and around my needle. I learned that from a class by Sue Nickles. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given.

Stand up frames require 3 layers to be loaded. It was extremely difficult for me. Sit down quilters require pinning or basting which I can do on my floor and/or my ample sized (4' by 6') cutting table depending on the size of quilt.

You choose. I love my sit down.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM

Yes, I love my Sweet Sixteen.

Yes, I still have to baste the quilt.

But I too found loading onto a frame too hard on my back plus I cannot stand for any length of time.