Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone use Quilt Pro on their Mac computer?

Does anyone use Quilt Pro on their Mac computer?

Is Quilt Pro for a Mac computer something I could use if I am just sort of computer literate? Does anyone know? (I can search the web, do email, work this board, order stuff online, and follow instructions...at least most of the time.)

What does a quilt program actually do? Do you select a pattern and plug in possible colors?

Is it really user friendly?

My husband is looking for a Christmas hint, and I don't know if this is something I could use or not..

Is anyone using one already and can tell me to avoid it or go for it... Maybe I would be better off with just more fabric.

Thanks,
    Dina

I started to look into it. I stopped because I figured that I'm on the computer enough right now and don't need to be on it more than I already am.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Ginger, that is a good point. I probably couldn't figure it out anyway. Maybe I can find some reviews and read about it. That may help.

Dina

Okay, I have looked at it online enough to know that it is too complicated for me. Guess I should have done that to start with, huh?

Dina

Don't get me wrong I think it would be fun to putter with, however, I know myself! I'd never get anything made from what I'd create.

It's tempting, but I just don't dare!!!
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

I have it. I am pretty good with my computer and I am not a huge fan of the program or the support. They have updated the Windows version and ignored the Mac version. It is not an intuitive program. It takes some time to learn to use it and then if I don't use it for awhile, I have to pull the manual out again. Unless they improve the program and commit to supporting the Mac version, I just can't recommend it.

Get the fabric. You will enjoy it much more!

Quote Originally Posted by spstout View Post
    I have it. I am pretty good with my computer and I am not a huge fan of the program or the support. They have updated the Windows version and ignored the Mac version. It is not an intuitive program. It takes some time to learn to use it and then if I don't use it for awhile, I have to pull the manual out again. Unless they improve the program and commit to supporting the Mac version, I just can't recommend it.

Get the fabric. You will enjoy it much more!
    Thank you! I had about decided the program wasn't for me, based on a "tour" online. You have confirmed what I decided. When I looked at it, it reminded me of a program I used to use when I taught journalism and produced a school newspaper. The program was nothing but trouble.

Thanks again.

Dina