Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: QUILT PRO FOR THE MAC

Have been considering purchasing 'Quilt Pro" for my Mac. Have had EQ in the past, but since I've switched to Mac it won't work.
    Does anyone out there have any experience with Quilt Pro?

I have used Quilt Pro for years, will admit i use it to layout quilt tops, check yardage and search for blocks mostly but still love it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
    Have been considering purchasing 'Quilt Pro" for my Mac. Have had EQ in the past, but since I've switched to Mac it won't work.
    Does anyone out there have any experience with Quilt Pro?
    What is quilt pro for mac???? I must go find this. There is quilting software for macs?/// Someday I might even be able to afford it. :lol:

Yes, me too, would love to know about it.

Quilt Pro is similiar to EQuilt from all I've heard. You can layout your entire quilt and print out a pic and info before you start your project. You can even put your own fabric samples in the program and make your own quilt squares. You can make sampler quilts, medallion quilts, etc. Even download your jpegs into a quilt. Lost lots of hours playing with this great program.

I have it and like it a lot

I have it and like it a lot

Blog Entries
    If you install Parallels on your Mac and then install a 'windows' OS you can run your EQ software no problem! I have a Mac but still use all my old windows programs on it

Quilt Pro can be seen at http://www.quiltpro.com/

They have a new version coming out next year and they tell me that they will make an offer at that time that you will be able to buy the current version for $79.95 and when the new one comes out you can download the upgrade for free. The usual price is $99.95

Not sure how this compares to EQ, but think I will give it a try. Do you want me to let you know when they make the special offer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
    Quilt Pro can be seen at http://www.quiltpro.com/

They have a new version coming out next year and they tell me that they will make an offer at that time that you will be able to buy the current version for $79.95 and when the new one comes out you can download the upgrade for free. The usual price is $99.95

Not sure how this compares to EQ, but think I will give it a try. Do you want me to let you know when they make the special offer?
    Thanks anyway, but I found the same deal, and it is way out of my budget. Have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spinnergs
    Quilt Pro is similiar to EQuilt from all I've heard. You can layout your entire quilt and print out a pic and info before you start your project. You can even put your own fabric samples in the program and make your own quilt squares. You can make sampler quilts, medallion quilts, etc. Even download your jpegs into a quilt. Lost lots of hours playing with this great program.
    You can also transform regular blocks into Foundation Blocks! Yeah! And it gives rotary cutting charts as well. I just started using it and have just chipped at the surface of what it can do. I need to read the manual from the beginning!

When I used the EQ program I really liked it. Hard to use at first, but easier after you play with it for awhile. Nice to be able to see how many and what size blocks and borders needed for the size quilt you want to make. In any event I think I will buy Quilt Pro as soon as they offer the deal with the free upgrade. Not sure when it is due.

I just hope it goes on sale so I can buy it for myself!

Quit Pro just released a cd for the mac!! It is a collection of 3-D blocks. There look like they would be fun to make. Here is some more info
    http://www.quiltpro.com/go.php?id=Fo...y_3_D_Mainpage

Blog Entries
    You can download thier software for 30 days as a free trial. It would help you decide if you want it or not. I ended up going with EQ7; especially a couple of weeks ago when it was down to 132. I have windows based.

I didn't think EQ ever went on sale. Lucky for you!

Blog Entries
    I just got it last week from quilt in a day; someone posted it on here. Then I spent less than 20 more and got free shipping. I had wanted it but didn't want to spend 200 for it; this way with the extra stuff I got I spent 150; great deal

Now you have all that extra money for more fabric. Sometimes life is perfect!!

Blog Entries
    couldn't agree more; what's the point in saving if you can't reinvest it else where

I finally bought my copy of Quilt Pro for the mac. So far I love it. I can import all my free block of the days blocks into it. With the weather being so hot here, I have plenty of time to quilt while enjoying the air conditioning!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmaddie
    I finally bought my copy of Quilt Pro for the mac. So far I love it. I can import all my free block of the days blocks into it. With the weather being so hot here, I have plenty of time to quilt while enjoying the air conditioning!
    I love mine too. I just designed a quilt with it with the actual fabrics. You can scan them in or, with a Mac, drag the photos of the fabric from the fabric web sites right into iPhoto, and from there into the Fabric Library in QP for Mac.

I look forward to posting a finished pic of this Japanese fabrics quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful quilt! Love the color mix. Found out Quilt Pro is putting one of their Foundation Factory cds on sale later this week. It is also available for the mac so will have to keep my eye out for. One can never have too many blocks to play with!!

Quilt Pro has another cd on sale for those of you that like paper piecing, a cd from the editors of Quilt Magazine. Love that they offer stuff for us mac users.

I have Quilt-Pro 5. I am trying to use it but I don't really understand it. So far it is asking what size block I want to make. Well, I don't want to use blocks per se. I want to design my own quilts. I want to create an overall design. Can I do this with Quilt-pro? Thanks!