Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time >

Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM
RDM

I signed up for a class doing a Judy Niemeyer quilt pattern with one of her trained instructors. I've wanted to do several of her patterns but fairly new to pp. Wonder if anyone has done her patterns, taken a class, and how you enjoyed learning her pp techniques. I appreciate hearing about your experience.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 AM

I have admired her patterns for a long time, and would label myself a fairly amateur paper piecer. So please, as you take your class tell us about your experience. I wouldn't have the advantage of a class so I'd really like to hear how hard you felt it was/is!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

I too have always admired her beautiful patterns but have yet to spring for one. They are very pricey patterns but they do include all the foundations so that is a big reason they cost so much. I am sure you will do fine. In my mind PP is PP. It really doesn't matter how complex the pattern because it is all the same basic concept, just some patterns have those teeny tiny pieces and some blocks are made up of a bunch of smaller pre pieced units that you have to be very careful about matching up on key seam lines when you join them to make the bigger block.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:21 PM

I just finished Judy's Glacier Star. It is sooooo pretty and her instructions are fantastic. It actually is really easy, just read carefully.

Which on are you doing? Enjoy :thumbup:
Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM

She has such wonderful patterns. I've never done paper piecing so I've never been brave enough to try one. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Her patterns are gorgeous! Once you get the technique down, you won't have any problems with her patterns :D:D:D
Old 04-16-2011, 12:55 PM

I think her patterns and works are just eye candy to me. You gaze at her quilts and don't realize that you are just awe-struck at the colors and techniques and how they combine to a beautiful piece of art.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 PM

CAN I SEE A PIC OF HER WORK OR YOUR QUILT
Old 04-16-2011, 01:35 PM

SEE INFORMATION BELOW :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Compass Centre
Presents …… A VERY Special Retreat

The Glacier Star is a great pattern by Judy Niemeyer and is only available at Judy Niemeyer Certified shops.* Eileen Urbanek, our fabulous certified instructor from the Desert Sky workshop, will be ours for the retreat! What a deal!!!

We have already filled 21 spots for this retreat ... so think about it and act quickly!

Here are the details:

The retreat starts Thursday, July 7 at 12 noon and ends on Sunday, July 10 at 2pm.

Class: Glacier Star. There are six techniques to this class, and yes, we will be covering them at a fast pace. This class is only taught by Judy Niemeyer Certified Instructors of at Judy Niemeyer Certified Shops.*

* Pattern: Glacier Star Pattern is $60 and can only be purchased at a "Certified Shop" or thru a "Certified Instructor". The Compass Centre is NOT a certified shop, you will be required to purchase the pattern thru Eileen and the cost of the pattern WILL be included in your retreat.

Kits: Glacier Star Kits will be OFFERED for your convenience; however, they are not required, as some of you prefer to shop from your stash.

Kits will be approximately $150 and will be offered in several colorways. You will be able to select your colorway in advance of the class. (We are expecting a really big shipment of batiks in April, May and June, so kits will not be assembled until the majority of the fabrics arrive).

Should you choose to bring your own fabric, you will need to come prepared to use what you bring, as there will not be any time at the retreat for Eileen or Melissa to help you "shop for fabric", as we will be starting on the techniques right away. So, if you want to shop, contact Melissa to come at a time previous to the Glacier Star Retreat.

So… the cost:

Retreat $228.90
Instructor and Pattern: $95.00
Total: $323.90

Optional Kit $150 + tax = $160.13

Total INCLUDING Kit: $484.03

Please respond ASAP to hold your place to: [email protected]

A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to hold your place. You MAY transfer the deposit to another quilter should you be unable to attend. MAKE DEPOSIT PAYABLE TO THE COMPASS CENTRE AND MAIL TO P. O. BOX 10, MT. CALM, TX 76673-0010

I'm sure you have additional questions, so please feel free to contact me.

This is going to be a GREAT class!!!

__._,_.___
Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group
Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use.

__,_._,___

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.894 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3577 - Release Date: 04/16/11 01:34:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.894 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3577 - Release