Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric!

:roll: When I moved over a year ago, my dad helped me in the move. I remember now him asking what to do with all of my rags, meaning fabric. :roll: I think he brought in a front-end loader and started filling boxes. Today, I decided to go through the boxes that dad had packed. I knew I was missing a bunch of FQ's, but didn't realize just how many there were. I opened up one box and found almost 200! :lol: Along with those FQ's were miscellaneous scraps of all sizes. I also found 3 spools of thread, my tweezers for my serger, a container of garlic salt with no lid, 2 packages of cat food, the missing place settings for my silverware, a remote for a TV that I sold before I moved, a tube of chap stick, a pad of erasable typing paper (for pp'ing), 2 cat toys and her brush, a can of green beans, two unopened and warm cans of beer and a partridge in a pear tree.
    :wink: I still have 4 more boxes of fabric that dad packed to go. This is almost like buying the FQ's all over again. Now I need MORE shelving. :shock:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    :roll: When I moved over a year ago, my dad helped me in the move. I remember now him asking what to do with all of my rags, meaning fabric. :roll: I think he brought in a front-end loader and started filling boxes. Today, I decided to go through the boxes that dad had packed. I knew I was missing a bunch of FQ's, but didn't realize just how many there were. I opened up one box and found almost 200! :lol: Along with those FQ's were miscellaneous scraps of all sizes. I also found 3 spools of thread, my tweezers for my serger, a container of garlic salt with no lid, 2 packages of cat food, the missing place settings for my silverware, a remote for a TV that I sold before I moved, a tube of chap stick, a pad of erasable typing paper (for pp'ing), 2 cat toys and her brush, a can of green beans, two unopened and warm cans of beer and a partridge in a pear tree.
    :wink: I still have 4 more boxes of fabric that dad packed to go. This is almost like buying the FQ's all over again. Now I need MORE shelving. :shock:
    Well, at least you have supper. (the beer and green beans) :roll: Men :!: :!:

LOL!!! I sure hope that none of your fabrics got runied!!!!

Garlic with no lid? Oh my ... does the fabric now reek of garlic?

What an odd assortment of objects to find together in the same box. Couldn't help but think about the TV show I watched last night about the guys that buy storage lockers and have no clue what could be lurking in the boxes!

Blog Entries
    Wow, have fun sorting thru all of the boxes and getting your fabric all organized

Blog Entries
    Your dad sounds like he packs like my husband does. With no rhyme or reason!!!

Sounds like its all there...Marines pack like that too. Beer and greenbeans

Blog Entries
    ROFLMBO Maybe a kitchen sink will be found in the next box... :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Your dad sounds like he packs like my husband does. With no rhyme or reason!!!
    Thats why I always did the packing, he did the lifting and moving.... He just throws everything in the box! And I like it more organized!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    ROFLMBO Maybe a kitchen sink will be found in the next box... :D:D:D
    I am afraid to look today. That is another adventure, best saved for another time. :lol:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast