Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dream Orient batting >

Dream Orient batting

Dream Orient batting

Old 11-23-2013, 09:00 AM

Default Dream Orient batting

Anyone use this batting. I am looking for something that is really warm in winter but can still be used for warm summers that is not as flat as W & N. I want to have my quilt done by the time I move into my house in september, and I am almost done with the blocks i started years ago for my lovers knot and am eager to finish this quilt soon, by spring so i can send it to charisma for quilting
Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

dream orient is a very nice batting- has some nice loft to it, is silky soft to work with. as far as being cool in the summer- I don't know- with it being bamboo & silk...the quilt I used it in has flannel so it's warm all the time- can't judge that- my 'summer' quilt has Dream Wool batting in it! it is my all time favorite batting! the wool is totally washable- does not shrink- is lightweight, lofty, breaths- warm in the winter- cool in the summer- Fabulous!
you might want to visit the Dream Batting Company and read about the Dream Orient to find out it's breathability/insulating properties to find out.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

A wool batt would be perfect. I don't know anything about Dream Orient. Charisma may know about it though.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

I have never used dream orient but have a sample of it and it is pretty flat. At least as flat as W&N. I think if you are willing to splurge on dream orient, you may as well go with a wool. Wool pretty much fills all your requirements.