Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Dresden quilt..going to try to do one..Any suggestions or hints?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    I have been drooling over the dresden pattern and want to try to do a quilt using it...I have checked different sites to get some info on how to do them and was able to download a pattern free..Is there any suggestions that you all can make that would help me in doing it? I have seen some very awesome and beautiful quilts here that have been done using the Dresden pattern..
    I did several and found that finger pressing was the best, I did not use an iron til I was ready to lay it on the background square.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Quote Originally Posted by jacie
    I would like to find a pattern for a doll quilt size dresden plate. any one have one? thanks ..jacie
    The Easy Dresden template mentioned above by donnalynett is great for doing small Dresdens. It has measurements for several sizes on it. It goes from 1 inch blades to 8 inch blades. There are others that go up to 25 inch blades or more. I would be glad to help you design one if you like. PM me if interested.
    Where can I find the template? Can I find one in our local fabric store? Hancocks? I just was going to try and cut out the design onto cardboard and I know that they do not withstand rottary cutters lol..
    Just google 'Easy Dresden' and it should come up. I already PIF my extra to another member. Sorry.

Oh My Gosh, How many ways can you do a Dresden plate? Well, your links gave me a good idea!! I have never seen so many beautiful Dresden plates. I always thought they had to be scrappy but there were so many that weren't. I think I could make a quilt using this block. WoW!!

Good heaven's there are so many variations of the dresden quilts, some of them are absolutely georgous. Will probably make Diana Lynn's decision on which to do even harder, lol

Blog Entries
    I have been drooling over the dresden pattern and want to try to do a quilt using it...I have checked different sites to get some info on how to do them and was able to download a pattern free..Is there any suggestions that you all can make that would help me in doing it? I have seen some very awesome and beautiful quilts here that have been done using the Dresden pattern..
    here a video to give you some ideals..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy_p4pryE4

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7