Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: dumpster diving - was it a Featherweight?

Quote Originally Posted by grammyp
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Awesome find! Ironically that is just where my hubby found my first featherweight...at the transfer station waiting to be crushed! I had just become interested in quilting and had mentioned that it was the ultimate dream machine of quilters. He saw the case perched on the brink of extinction, peeked in and saw it...brought it home soooo pleased with himself. Gotta love the man!
    How do you explain it to DH??? Guess it depend on what makes his heart go pitter pat. ;-)

Can't wait to see pics of your new rescue baby. How exciting!

What a great guy! If he finds another can I have it?
    :thumbup:

Banned
    Sweet, I have yet to find a sewing machine in the trash (notorious gleaner) but I have scored a few sewing machine cabinets and sold them and bought machines with the money. And I found 2 full rolls of upholstery material had to be 25 or so yards on them each, and designer fabric! My neighborhood throws away good stuff!

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Sweet, I have yet to find a sewing machine in the trash (notorious gleaner) but I have scored a few sewing machine cabinets and sold them and bought machines with the money. And I found 2 full rolls of upholstery material had to be 25 or so yards on them each, and designer fabric! My neighborhood throws away good stuff!

Billy
    Wow! You are a star at recycling! :thumbup:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
    Wow! You are a star at recycling! :thumbup:
    No Brittany is that, you should see the stuff that kid has brought over for the "Green Quilting " business.

Billy

Would love to find something like that in a dumpster.
    You are so lucky
    Looking forward to seeing pictures.

I believe you can get on the Singer site and enter the model number and find out what you have.I don't have the web address but I'll bet someone on this site will have it.

Here is the Singer Site :
    http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html
    Hope this helps you

Tell your hubby it's like finding a '57 chevy parked alongside the road with only a little superficial rust.. and a couple of tears in the upholstery and a something minor wrong with the engine.. then finding a note saying.. keys are in her.. if you can get her running she's yours. He'll understand then.

Blog Entries
    Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy
    Tell your hubby it's like finding a '57 chevy parked alongside the road with only a little superficial rust.. and a couple of tears in the upholstery and a something minor wrong with the engine.. then finding a note saying.. keys are in her.. if you can get her running she's yours. He'll understand then.
    Perfect! :thumbup:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast