Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which Eleanor Burns rulers so I need?

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    I've tried several methods for making HST, and I've decided I really need a triangle square-up ruler. It will make my life so much easier. But if I'm going to order, I might as well make it worth the shipping. She has several I like the looks of, but which are really worth the money (and can't buy at JoAnn's or HL)? What do you swear by?? I all ready have a good stash of square and rectangles by Omnigird, but no specialty rulers.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I consider Omnigrid rulers first (there is both a 6.5 and 8.5 inch that is perfect for squaring up). This is primarily because it's a lot easier to use the yellow/black on different colored fabrics than a ruler with only black lines.

I LOVE EB's Flying Geese rulers. I have the large and regular set. While they are limited sizes, most of what I do fall into one of those four sizes. There is also now a mini set for miniatures. While there is a little more waste than the no-waste method, they are perfect every single time.

Blog Entries
    I heard a rumor here on QB that if you order from Quilterswarehouse and mention that you belong to QB that you get free shipping. . . haven't tried it though. I really like the fons and porter 1/2 triangle ruler.

http://quilterswarehouse.com/

I have a 12.5 x 12.5 square ruler that I use for large blocks. Otherwise I just use my regular rulers for squaring blocks. I did just buy a rotating mat at JoAnn's but haven't had an occassion to use it yet. Looking forward to that making things easier. I've bought a couple of specialty rulers and have yet to find them easier to use than my regular rulers.

Blog Entries
    I just bought the Eleanor Burns 1/2 sq triangle square up ruler at Joann's using my 50% off coupon - good if there's a store near you!

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia
    I just bought the Eleanor Burns 1/2 sq triangle square up ruler at Joann's using my 50% off coupon - good if there's a store near you!
    OH!! I didn't think Joann's carried those! Guess I'm going shopping, I have coupons. Thanks so much for the tip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia
    good to know, thanks

My QIAD templates I use a lot are the fussy cuts, and the flying geese (I have used all of them.) For the money, I also got the 4" and 5" templates. They are just plain, clear squares, but for $1, they have come in handy. Scallops and Vines, and Square in a Square, too. I love my triangle square up ruler. Can you tell I'm a QUID addict. LOL

I have the EB Flying Geese rulers and have used them quite a bit. I came across some awesome looking rulers at the NW Quilting Expo in Portland a few weeks ago and they are now at the top of my list for Santa :-) Check out the Bloc Loc rulers at blocloc.com, they are a little pricey but were extremely easy to use and would likely save me some fabric (and digits!) so I figure they're worth it.

QIAD??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast