Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elmer's "fine tip"

Just a question on these fine tips - I bought a glue that had one, and the glue kept oozing out of the top of the tube by capillary action. Is this common with all fine tips? If you cap it, how badly does the cap stick? I had to stick a pin in the top of another type bottle before capping it.

Thank I have been looking for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    I got mine at Overstock.com:
    http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...7/product.html

Soon after I posted it, they were sold out so don't know what status is now. Good luck!
    I got mine here about a month ago.

I cheated...I took one of the tips from my cake decorating kit no longer being used, and taped that tip to the top of the glue bottle. That worked great for my first project! And then I realized, how do I close the tip and keep the remaining glue from drying out in the bottle? Off came the tip and easy came the closure of the glue bottle! The tip is on stand-by, just in case needed in the future.

Those tips are hard to find. Two suggestions: Roxanne Glue-Baste-It comes with the tip. It is expensive but you can use Elmer's after you use up the Roxanne. Less expensive and works quite well, is the Elmer's Dual Tip Pen. The only place I could find that was Walmart but the finer end of that is pretty good and you can't beat the price.
    Pat

The tips work good for applique also! I saw that bunny hill has them also

I bought a bottle of Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It at my local quilt store. The first bottle was $4.50 for 1/2 oz. Then I was at another quilt store and found a larger bottle. 2 oz. for $9. VERY expensive. But I have done two big quilt bindings with them and there is not much gone. The fine tip is economical. The small bottle came with built in plastic tip. Probably not refillable, but the larger bottle came with two metal tips, a cap for the top, and a plastic poker to clean the tip. I haven't had to clean the tip. Besides the tip comes off and you could clean it with water. When this bottle is empty, it will be filled with washable SCHOOL Glue.
    JoAnn's did not know what I was talking about when I asked for the school glue. They had many bottles of regular glue near the checkout. When I tried to talk to the manager about stocking school glue, she did not seem interested!
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I, too use the #1 Wilton cake decorating tip. I used gorilla glue and put it on the outside top of my glue bottle. Now I can open and close the bottle with the tip attached. I also found that the generic school glue at WM works just as well as Elmer's and is 34 cents a bottle. You can't get much cheaper than that!

Blog Entries
    I found this and just refill it with Elmers. http://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Tech-...id+Fabric+Glue

I bought it at Tuesday Morning store for .99 a bottle. It has a tip so fine you can write with it. The original glue is fabric friendly. I use just a tiny tiny dot and it bonds.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 12-17-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingPretty View Post
    I do notice that I have to rinse it out after using, but I bet you'd have to do that with a metal tip, too. By the way, to close it I use a straight pin. DON'T use a regular straight pin. They rust.
    I bought mine from Sharon Schamber's website back when she offered the metal ones. I've been using it for about 2-3 years. I never rinse it out. I do use a pin - one of those very short applique pins. It doesn't rust. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast