Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elna Serger buy

Elna Serger buy

I have a chance to purchase a 2001 Elna 634 Serger. It is in very good condition and comes with all the original accessories, 7 cones of thread, instruction book, original box etc. Does anyone have any idea how much I should offer for the machine.Name:  Elna serger.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  42.9 KB
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Maybe you could check with eBay and see if there are any on there that either are, or have been, for sale. I don't have any idea what they would go for. Or else maybe you could contact Elna via the internet? Good luck...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I had a PRO 5 for nearly 20 yrs--never had a problem except I broke the needle screw & had to get it replaced with facsimile. They are good, lasting machines. I now have the PRO 701 dex, from ebay for about $350 maybe 3 yrs ago?..don't know--it sat here while I "tried to wear out the other one. Bought new and sold it used for $100. Bought the dex because it does the cover stitch. Yours looks almost new in the pix. Hope you get a deal!

Blog Entries
    If the seller is not going to set a price, I would offer $75.00 for it and see what they say. Looks like a good machine. (I just bought a new Juki for $339.00.)

The machine belongs to a friend's mother that just went into a nursing home with Alzheimers. She took very good care of everything she had. It looks new. I want to get it for the best price possible, as money is a bit tight at the moment, but I want to be fair. My original thought was to pay $250 but a couple of people have said perhaps less. I saw the original invoice. She paid $758 for machine and thread, and that was on sale back in 2001. I tried e-bay but the only one I found was listed for $149 and that was for sale as parts as it had a cracked arm and missing pedal.

I appreciate your comments.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda