Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elna6600

I am considering buying an Elna6600 machine. Do any of you ladies own or have used one of these? It seems to have everything I need for quilting and sewing except being able to do embrodiery cd's. That's ok with me as I am more into quilting and general craft/clothes sewing. Idea?

I bought one about a year ago and have been very happy with it.

I work my sewing machines hard and I would highly recommend the 6600. The reasons I chose this machine: Speed. I wanted a machine that could go faster. Heavy duty, it is very sturdy, not really portable.
    A wonderful extra that I didn't know would be so wonderful is the automatic thread cutter. I just love it. I wouldn't purchase a machine without it after having it.

I have an ELNA 6003 Quilters Dream and I love it. I've never seen the 6600, but I wish I could. I really like the feel of this machine. I went down to look at the embroidery ELNA's and the man that sells them had just got one in on a trade-in and knew I had been looking. He thought that I would want to trade mine in and he shot me a price of $900 plus my machine. I almost choked because I figured maybe this one as a trade-in might be in range. I'm not in the league of new ones or even these trade-ins as I sadly found out. I knew I wanted my Quilters Dream so I bit the bullet and got it. It's never disappointed me, but I can't afford these new machines even though I would love one. I bought a Brother embroidery for about 3 something and it has the capability of extra cards and Internet use, but I've never used any of it. It is just the small 5 x 7 and when I've used the machine to embroider something it has been ok. For what I use it, I'm glad I still have my 6003 and the Brother. I still have my Singer I bought used back in '82. I guess what I'm saying is I'd go with the 6600 if I could afford it:) Bethy

Thanks ladies. The one I am looking at is reg. $1700 on sale for $900. I am going in tomorrow to see if they will let me play on it for awhile first.

don't have one sorry.