Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Embroidery floss knotting up!!!

Banned
    All thread has a nap. The end you just cut gets the knot (like it was bleeding). Seventh grade Home Ec teacher taught us that. It never fails.

joy
    If the floss tangles, I let the thread hang down with the needle in it and let it twirl until it stops, then continue embroidering..... have always done it that way.

All these years and I never knew about the "thread it from the cut end" trick! LOL I will definitely try that today.... I did have better luck with it after I cut it shorter too....

Thanks again everyone!

When you have cut your piece, separate all six strands and then put back together as many as you plan to use. This gives a nicer coverage than using it straight off the skein.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Yep, shorter lengths, Grandma said never longer than from your elbow to your middle finger. Ohh! and don't forget the untangle dangle...gotta do that every now and again :). Whatchya mmmaaaakin? :D
    That is exactly what my Gran told me too :) and also the tip about which end to knot :) Nice to know of someone else who learnt from her Grandma

joy
    Cathe is right about separating the threads... also sometimes when stitching I give the needle a twirl with my fingers to stop the thread from tangling... just can't remember which way I twirl it but you will soon find out !!! Maybe anti clockwise... but try both ways...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2