1. Fold a 2" square of fabric in half diagonally, wrong sides together. Bring the right point from the folded triangle to the bottom point of the triangle. Finger press in place. Repeat for the left point of the folded triangle to yield a folded square.
2. Cut the raw edges under the final mitered corner to yield a folded bud.
3. Cut a 2" square of fabric in half diagonally. Place one triangle wrong side up, and position the folded bud.
4. Fold the bottom point of the triangle toard the tip of the folded bud.
5. Fold the side tips of the triangle toward the center of the folded bud.
6. Position the envelope rose as desired in the piece. Stitch in place.
This is a one stitch embellishment for quilts.