Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EQ Users- help me for a row robin exchange

My squares turned out to be rectangles (cute little birds fabric). I don't know why I thought they were square (bought the fabric on line).

The rectangles measure 4 1/2" x 3 1/4". I want to cut them 1/4" bigger for seam allowances so that I get the whole center picture.

I want to make star blocks with the focus fabric rectangle in the center. The finished size of the block can be from 12"-16" and don't have to be square.

Can anyone help? Thanking you in advance.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean? How can you cut them 1/4" bigger than they actually are???

The fabric has rectangles printed on it... I can cut outside each little box that has the little picture in it (of a bird) that I want to fussy cut...

I thought I was being really clear, guess it wasn't, sorry... I don't have any takers to draw me a block, guess I am on my own, no worries! :lol:

I have never drafted a block, now maybe the time when I have to- I just had an idea, looking at a calendar on my desk that gives a different quilt block every day.

I think I will put a border top and bottom on the rectangle to make it square, then I can proceed to make my stars.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333
    The fabric has rectangles printed on it... I can cut outside each little box that has the little picture in it (of a bird) that I want to fussy cut...

I thought I was being really clear, guess it wasn't, sorry... I don't have any takers to draw me a block, guess I am on my own, no worries! :lol:

I have never drafted a block, now maybe the time when I have to- I just had an idea, looking at a calendar on my desk that gives a different quilt block every day.

I think I will put a border top and bottom on the rectangle to make it square, then I can proceed to make my stars.
    Sounds like you have a good plan figured out. I think that's what I would do too.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333

Sounds like you have a good plan figured out. I think that's what I would do too.
    I have not ever seen a star block with a rectangle in the center instead of a square. I sort of looked through Quilter's Cache and did not see one... Oh, well, I think I have a plan now. Thanks, everyone!

Blog Entries
    Can you fussy cut them bigger to make each one a square?

I have EQ5 and I would be delighted to help you if you could supply a picture....... They are worth a thousand words !! Good Luck with your project !!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    I have EQ5 and I would be delighted to help you if you could supply a picture....... They are worth a thousand words !! Good Luck with your project !!! :lol:
    Thanks!!! I will have to do it when I get home tonight. I am at work right now... :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    If you make the center square of your star (say if you're making a 12" square) 6", I would sew strips to your rectangle and then you could trim them up into the 6" square and then proceed to make your star. I would make one up and see if you like it.

Blog Entries
    Would you believe I dreamed about these fussy cut squares last night! I dreamed you showed a picture of how you could not cut them bigger. LOL. They were on black background with a border, I don't remember the picture of the center though. I think I'm on this board too much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast