Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ6 for Christmas >

EQ6 for Christmas

EQ6 for Christmas

Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 AM

Thanks for the help in printing out sewing directions...no wonder I couldn't print them if they aren't available... :lol: It pays to ask someone who would know instead of beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out.
It's one of the reasons why I like this place so much...so many people willing to help you when you need it.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

one thing I REALLY love about EQ is the ability to make a square in ANY size...
as a 'for instance'... when you find squares in books or mags, they are a certain size and you can make them another size, of course, by doing all sorts of math - I hate math, but with EQ you just put in the size you want and the program takes care of it all!

Another great use is for sampler quilts and you can try a bazillion squares til you find the ones you want....

I have not tried a quilt with different size squares (or rectangles as the case may be) so not sure how (or if) that is done...
Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

I have EQ5 and LOVE it! I have made quilts from designs I drew...why else would I waste my time with it??? It is great for auditioning borders for the Round Robins too.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM

I don't have EQ any number and don't know much about it. Do I have to have another version first to run the current one? Can I use it on any pc? And what can you tell me about quilting university?
Thanks for the replies- but in this area I am totally out of the loop.
Cheryl in RI
Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I have made quilts from designs I drew...why else would I waste my time with it???

The same reason some of us have a zillion UFOs and a giant stash??? :oops: This is just another symptom of someday-itis for me.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by rismstress
I don't have EQ any number and don't know much about it. Do I have to have another version first to run the current one? Can I use it on any pc? And what can you tell me about quilting university?
Cheryl in RI
No, you don't have to have one version to run another version. If you have a version you can buy the upgrade to the next version. Since you don't have any version becare not to buy an upgrade. You will have to buy the full version. Hope that makes since.

I don't know anything about quilting university.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:12 PM

As far as sewing directions, it's true they don't give those to you, but if you go the the print menu and look at the paper piecing tab you can see in what order to sew your blocks together.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by rismstress
Cheryl in RI
You would want the EQ6 (full version) if you are starting from scratch (Sometimes you can still find EQ5 but not too often now. Personally, I would just go for the 6) It works with any PC running XP or Vista. I don't think they have a version that runs on a Mac without having some type of emulation software. I could be wrong about that though so you should check the EQ website. Quilt University www.quiltuniversity.com offers many types of online quilting classes from beginning classes on piecing and machine quilting to design, to computer design quilting. They have classes starting each week so you really need to check their website for those that are available and those that are coming up. I have taken many of their classes for several different teachers and I have NEVER been disappointed with a class. I think the price is comparable to a LQS class with the advantage of being able to take the class at the time that is covenient for me...Their website has a free sample class, a discussion forum, and tips...so if you have a questions, someone on the site will be able to help you.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the information. I will look up EQ and quilting university and let you know what happens.
Cheryl