View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Piecemaker

Originally Posted by rismstress
I don't have EQ any number and don't know much about it. Do I have to have another version first to run the current one? Can I use it on any pc? And what can you tell me about quilting university?
Thanks for the replies- but in this area I am totally out of the loop.
Cheryl in RI
You would want the EQ6 (full version) if you are starting from scratch (Sometimes you can still find EQ5 but not too often now. Personally, I would just go for the 6) It works with any PC running XP or Vista. I don't think they have a version that runs on a Mac without having some type of emulation software. I could be wrong about that though so you should check the EQ website. Quilt University www.quiltuniversity.com offers many types of online quilting classes from beginning classes on piecing and machine quilting to design, to computer design quilting. They have classes starting each week so you really need to check their website for those that are available and those that are coming up. I have taken many of their classes for several different teachers and I have NEVER been disappointed with a class. I think the price is comparable to a LQS class with the advantage of being able to take the class at the time that is covenient for me...Their website has a free sample class, a discussion forum, and tips...so if you have a questions, someone on the site will be able to help you.