Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Experience buying pre-made Material for Photographs? Help!

Blog Entries

Experience buying pre-made Material for Photographs? Help!

I was recently charged to make a quilt that contains photographs. When I went to the store, I found several companies who make a pre-made cotton fabric that you can just put through your inkjet printer. Supposedly they hold their color through washes, are simple,and easy to do. The problem for me is I don't know which to get--Dritz, Tailor, Expressions, etc. Help, anyone have experience with these brands? Which should I choose?

This thread may be helpful to you regarding transferring photos with inkjets.
    Comic Book Collector's Quilt

The OP details the supplier of the digital transfer process on page 7 but a local shop near you may also do it.
    Last edited by feline fanatic; 07-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

I have used Printed Treasures for years. I have an Epson printer that uses Durabrite ink and the photos are washable.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I made a photo quilt wallhanging. I used the June Tailor brand. The only thing I found was that a few times it didn't print out right, it got stuck when the printing started bc it is thicker than normal paper. I think it was just my printer though. Once I figured out I had to help it along a little they printed out fine. I just followed the instructions after it printed to set the picture. Now since it was for a wall hanging I didn't wash it so I don't know how well it would hold up if it was a normal quilt and having to be washed a lot.

Blog Entries
    Wow! That link to the Comic Book Collectors' Quilt is fabulous! I need to research digital printing more......

Edit: Information about the company that did the digital printing is on page 7 of that thread.

read each package and choose the one that fits your needs best---they are not all the same- some are washable- some are not, some are made for wallhangings only; some are like the decal's on t-shirts, some are printed then ironed onto fabric....each has it's own instructions- ways to use it- so read and understand what you are buying. they tend to be fairly expensive-you don't want to buy one that turns out to not be best for your project-
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    This thread may be helpful to you regarding transferring photos with inkjets.
    Comic Book Collector's Quilt

The OP details the supplier of the digital transfer process on page 7 but a local shop near you may also do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Wow! That link to the Comic Book Collectors' Quilt is fabulous! I need to research digital printing more......

Edit: Information about the company that did the digital printing is on page 7 of that thread.
    since members can have different numbers of posts per page, giving the page # is not necessarily helpful. at the end of the original post #1, i put a link to the details and stated that that information is found in post #64
    Nancy in western NY

I've always been pleased with Printed Treasures. I've made several photos quilts using it; quilts have all been washed several times and images have held up well.

Blog Entries
    Or, should I just make my own?

I make purses with photos on them with great success and I wash them I use the june tailor ones in the bright pink package they are the best for me I have tried others but like this one best

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast