Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Extending Cutting Mats?

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Diane, if you try to piece two of them together..you will have a bump where the seams join. That might make your cutter jump and ruin the fabric..Joann's has the large mats that are 36" X 59". I used a 50% off coupon and it ended up costing me $35. The regular price is $69. I have had mine for several years and it is still holding up. I keep it stored between the mattress and the box springs in my spare room to keep it flat when I am not using it. It comes in really handy when I am pinning a large quilt too. Hope this helps you. Happy Stitchin' Linda B.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarina
    I have a 36" x 24" cutting mat and when I'm cutting long strips, I have to keep moving the fabric to continue a cut. Is there a way to extend a mat? My DH wants me to buy another mat(same size) and cut it in half to make it a longer mat. If I did that how would I put them together, glue, tape, or? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Diane

Blog Entries
    Linda: Thanks I"ll look for one of those mats when I go.. Thanks Diane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3