Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EZ-Q system

Blog Entries
    I picked up my vintage EZ-Q frame with the Consew machine, Model 106. The only information I can find online is for a Model 106R, which is different from the one I have. I'm not sure I have it threaded correctly or that I have loaded the quilt onto the frame correctly. I cannot get any answer from APQS, the maker of the frame or Consew, though I have sent emails. The manual is extremely limited, and the pictures and descriptions aren't very clear, at least to a beginner like me. Any suggestions? The previous owner is in very poor health, so I cannot ask her for help.

Blog Entries
    Try joining the homequiltingsystems group on Yahoo. Someone there may have that setup and be able to help you. If you don't know how to join a Yahoo group, PM me and I'll give you instructions.

I can't offer any help for loading your quilt on to the frame. I can tell you that if you just keep in mind that ALL sewing machines follow the same basic path to thread correctly. I hope you get a response to your emails soon.

I'll bet someone on the APQS board can help: http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/index.php

Just from the couple threads I skimmed through, it looks like you have the grandmother of current home & semi-pro quilting systems.