Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric by the Bolt Wholesale Pricing

Fabric by the Bolt Wholesale Pricing

Could anyone give me an idea of how much fabric is by the bolt from Michael Miller, Riley Blake, Robert Kaufman, etc? I need a general idea so I can crunch some numbers for my business. I'm in the process of applying for all my wholesale accounts, but it would be nice to know prices as I'm planning!

Thanks!

Do you have your business license??? The vendors will give you that info once you provide your business license. There are typically 15 yards of fabric on a bolt.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Prices vary from company to company and by designer also. Most average about $5.00 - $5.45 now. When I started about 5 years ago, it was $4.00 - $4.50. There are usually about 15 yards on a bolt. Batiks and metallics are higher.

QKO
    Most quilt-shop quality fabrics now are above $5/yd, many are $6/yd and higher at wholesale.

When you're crunching your numbers, don't forget to figure in inbound shipping costs. Depending on where you get your fabrics from, these can add up to 50 cents a yard or more by the time you get them in your shop. If you're running a home-based business, your shipping costs will be about 20% higher. That's why a lot of shops try to specialize in fabrics that can be sourced nearby, from local distributors rather than getting them from clear across the country.

There are many many cost items that go into a sale that you never think of until you get into the business...

Good luck!

Ae you opening a store??

This poster has apparently just joined QB and we are giving away valuable info to someone who is virtually a stranger. 1 post ?? No other info from this poster??? Just sayin.

Wholesale fabric prices are a wide range depending on vendor, type of fabric, etc.

Btw, each Vendor will likely have minimum purchase requirements too. Either per order or annually.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

bolts hold between 15 & 25 yards of fabric....some only 10....some 50....each is individual- different suppliers offer different amounts- instead of asking us, you need to ask your supplier-only they can answer this question for you
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Quote Originally Posted by k8edu View Post
    Could anyone give me an idea of how much fabric is by the bolt from Michael Miller, Riley Blake, Robert Kaufman, etc? I need a general idea so I can crunch some numbers for my business. I'm in the process of applying for all my wholesale accounts, but it would be nice to know prices as I'm planning!

Thanks!
    I don't know the answer but I wish you all the best with your business!

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    bolts hold between 15 & 25 yards of fabric....some only 10....some 50....each is individual- different suppliers offer different amounts- instead of asking us, you need to ask your supplier-only they can answer this question for you
    Like! This type of info is best requested from each Vendor. We still dont know ANYTHING about this member and what her business plan is.

I wonder if she is aware of the trade shows..... ? Her screen name suggests to me tht he/she. Is in education
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Just a note - I inquired about purchasing Moda wholesale and they have a $700 minimum. I am set up as a business but I'm just a small time gal and at this time couldn't place that kind of an order.

Generally wholesale is about 40% off retail price, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on where you buy.

Good luck with your venture!
    Valerie Smith - Pumpkin Patch Quilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Ae you opening a store??

This poster has apparently just joined QB and we are giving away valuable info to someone who is virtually a stranger. 1 post ?? No other info from this poster??? Just sayin.

Wholesale fabric prices are a wide range depending on vendor, type of fabric, etc.

Btw, each Vendor will likely have minimum purchase requirements too. Either per order or annually.

Sandy
    Sandy, it's all information that is available easily on the internet. It's no secret the minimums or cost of wholesale. No worries. Setting up a business is much more than buying a few bolts of fabric.
    Valerie Smith - Pumpkin Patch Quilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast