Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which fabric colors do you have plenty?  Which colors/shades missing? >

Which fabric colors do you have plenty? Which colors/shades missing?

Which fabric colors do you have plenty? Which colors/shades missing?

Old 11-02-2015, 06:03 PM

I tend to the blues/greens/purples but have enough of most others to do ok with the exception of light neutrals and true reds.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I never have the right shade or amount of any thing I want to use.
Sad but true. I am lacking in white, yellow and orange, brown, purple and black. Hardly any florals. I could however sew from here to eternity with greens, pinks, reds, and blues. Batiks aren't in short supply either.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:26 PM

I have blues, so many blues, from baby to navy. But trending towards navy. Often in themes of sea and sky. After that is a few teals and teal-greens.

I have no dark greens, reds, or browns, as I am utterly color-blind in that range.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:32 PM

I have multiple solid colors and lots and lots of Batiks. I don't really like floral, although I do have some. I am just going to purchase a rack that will hold my material. I have so much and can never find what I want. This will keep me from buying more and more for a while. Christmas is just around the corner. I have to make plenty of gifts.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Fortunately, after over 30 years of buying fabric (good grief!) I have enough fabric of every color in my stash to make many, MANY quilts without having to purchase so much as a fat quarter!!
I also focus on blender prints, value of color, a wide range of white/ecrus/shirting prints on white, and very pale pastels. And I have enough large prints in many themes to create borders, backings, etc. Reckon I'm set!!
I try not to get too wrapped up in fabric shopping these days; there's just no more room or $$$.

Jan in VA
I agree -- I can make about any kind of quilt from my stash though I will run out of neutrals or blenders if I really get going. One of the few colors I lack is gray, but I haven't gotten into gray as yet. I have tons of children and holiday prints -- have to get busy sewing now that I have recovered from the knee surgeries and am relatively pain free.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:52 PM

Question, what is considered a blender? Is it a mid- tone? I have a lot of random prints from holiday to floral. I have lots of greens, browns and reds. A fair amt. of beige/off white , blue, and Black. Much more prints than solids and lacking yellows/ orange- even though I love bright colors. Much of my stash has been given to me so I work with what I have and build as needed. It helps that I spent hours rolling big pieces on comic book boards and now fill up a bookshelf with main pieces. I also have a lot still in bins and need to start rolling off some scrappies.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:17 AM

I usually stick to earth tones. I will sometimes buy fabric I know daughter would like.

I like my red rocks -