Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: fabric glue

fabric glue

What kind of fabric glue is best or recommended that will wash up. I see people using glue with a long thin nozzle on it and just drop drops. Does anyone know what this is.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dodee

Will be watch for the answers members post

They ususally use a washable school glue like Elmers if you are talking about things like tacking the binding down.

You're kidding - Elmer's will do that!!??!

That is what they use and it also washes out. Just press it a bit to get it to dry for you to hold it well.

Blog Entries
    I use Fabri tac works very well!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Yes, Elmer's School Glue works great. Check out Sharon Schambers site. She uses this glue to hold her bindings in place instead of pins before sewing. You use a fine line of glue, set the binding on as if to pin it and press with a hot iron, then you sew it on. The glue washes out when you wash it. I have been using this method for over a year now, it works great!!!

Depends on what I'm using it for. If it's binding, or something heavy/bulky like that I'll use Elmers School Glue in the bottle and set it with the iron.

If it's for piecing then I use a glue stick - no need to set that with an iron. Roll it on, place the fabric, bring it to the machine to sew - done. I've used a few different sticks, including Avery and Office Max own brand (or was it Staples - can't remember which store now). At any rate, each time I buy a pack of glue sticks I test them first to make sure they wash out. And no, I have not had any problem gunking up my machine, and I've used this stuff A LOT!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I love my gluesticks.

I use Elmer's School Glue all of the time to glue baste. I even use it to sandwich small items to be quilted- I find that the glue absorbs into the batting & doesn't leave marks on the fabric. I always test first to be sure & have been using 80/20 batting. The long thin nozzled bottles can be bought at craft stores & you put your own glue in them.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast