Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric postcards

A couple of years ago I sent my mother, who lives just 30 minutes away, a fabric postcard. It took 5 days to get there, but I thought it was a neat idea. I would like to send another one, but this time I'm thinking of trying to find somekind of plastic clear envelope. Has anyone here sent a quilted postcard? Did you cover it or just send it as is?

a few years ago i participated in a group fabric post card swap, we mailed them to each other just as post cards, part of the fun was the postmarks. i don't remember any problem with them taking a long time to get to each other, i do know we had to have them 'hand-cancelled' and some post-offices ( that don't specialize in customer service) don't like doing it. but we sure made some cool postcards :)

Finally found a picture of the one I did....

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...inpostcard.jpg[/IMG]

I may have to give it a try again, I do remember my post office being very very grumpy about it!

sorry it posted twice

You could put it in an envelope but then there won't be a postmark on the postcard. 8-)

I sent one to my GD for her B'day........put a stamp on it and put it in the mail. It arrived in perfect condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quilted postcards are so cool, thanks for sharing your photos of them

Quote Originally Posted by KellyPA
    A couple of years ago I sent my mother, who lives just 30 minutes away, a fabric postcard. It took 5 days to get there, but I thought it was a neat idea. I would like to send another one, but this time I'm thinking of trying to find somekind of plastic clear envelope. Has anyone here sent a quilted postcard? Did you cover it or just send it as is?
    I recently got one in the mail and it came in a clear plactic celophane type envelope. I can inquire as to where you get them if you like.

Blog Entries
    hi kelly, try your local scrap book store for it, it's like a report cover thickness, usually sold in paks of 5, i think it takes so long coz everyone at the po has to se it and shoe it off. i sent one to dh at work 3 yrs ago and he never got it. someone at the po has it, probably

My postoffice postmarked my post cards for me then I put them in an envelope to mail of course I paid twice the postage but it was worth it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast