Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric on a Tuesday >

Fabric on a Tuesday

Fabric on a Tuesday

Old 10-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Only 1435 miles for me...24 hours to drive it. Am I up for it? You bet...too bad I can only dream it, not do it!

The fabrics you bought were absolutely stunning...and the price was right, too! Congrats on great buys. Can't wait to see what you make with these fabrics.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:46 AM

We call it a 'road trip' or F.A.R.T..................FABRIC ACQUISITION ROAD TRIP................
We have so much fun and we find things for each other and before cutting or check-out we compare, exchange and very seldom put back............ Having friends is he BEST..... And for lunch we usually go to a nice place for ladies. Another wonderful day.

Last edited by PatchesPal; 10-02-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:51 AM

I would love to go fabric shopping someday. :-) Jackie, you must have a wonderful Hubby. I would fall over if someone gave me $1,000 and told me to go fabric shopping. I would be too excited to move. LOL
Dreary day here too. Looks like rain but forecast says no. Guess we just get the black clouds.
Have a great day today everyone. Rachel
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM

Can I get the info for the last picture? I am in love with that fabric! Pretty please
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful fabrics! You really have to go to Marshall's to see what they have. You can't tell a thing from their website. The best they have is not on their website because it's not their own fabric they print. When I go visit my kids in Memphis I sometimes take a day to go over to AR and got to Marshalls. It costs me about $50 in gas and a WHOLE day, but it's so much fun! If you buy a lot you really save. Their prices are so low and they have good name-brand fabrics. LYS quality. One great thing they carry is the new line of "Dream Cotton". It's basically the same thing as Moda's Bella Solids... made at the same factory. It's much cheaper at Marshall's and so wonderful to the touch. My new favorite solids.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

The blue and gold fabric: http://www.beverlys.com/french-conne...bric-blue.html

You buy the full bolts though a rep at the warehouse. They charge you the same for one bolt as they charge quilt shops for one bolt. If you want to buy a bolt send me a pm and I'll give you the bolt info. You can order it from Marshall's website, I'll give you the rep's # Or you can have yardage cut for slightly higher price.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post

You buy the full bolts though a rep at the warehouse. They charge you the same for one bolt as they charge quilt shops for one bolt. If you want to buy a bolt send me a pm and I'll give you the bolt info. You can order it from Marshall's website, I'll give you the rep's # Or you can have yardage cut for slightly higher price.
Thank You sew much!!! I think DH would kill me if I bought a bolt but I am going to order some yardage tonight for sure, thanks again & again
Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 PM

I was able to go there a few weeks ago for the first time...WOW, what an experience! When I first walked in my mouth dropped open and I just stood there, thinking, "This must be what Fabric Heaven looks like!". For the first 10-15 minutes, I just walked around in a daze, not believing my eyes at the fabric OR THE PRICES! I finally came out of my stupor and got busy...Hubby even got in on the action, selecting a LOT of good pieces for me. If you are ever anywhere even half-way close to Batesville, Arkansas, take the time and go to MDG...you will NOT be disappointed!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post

Thank so much for the information I managed to only let myself buy 3 yards, I have a feeling I'll regret it as I just showed my sewing partner (DGD) the picture & she too loves it lol we might have out 1st argument over fabric. She'll win
Old 10-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Remember I bought it a Marshall's not at the link. The link was to show the info about the fabric. That price at the link is triple the price then Marshall's.