Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy November mystery workshop >

Craftsy November mystery workshop

Craftsy November mystery workshop

Old 10-05-2014, 12:35 PM

Question Craftsy November mystery workshop

Any thoughts on Craftsy's workshops? I'm so tempted by this one...

http://www.craftsy.com/supplies/nove...ysa&_ctp=77300

...but I don't really know what to expect. I've signed up for a few classes and like them (although I haven't actually made any of the projects, just watched and picked up tips). The workshop seems to be a little different in that there are no videos, just written instructions with pictures.

Any opinions?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

I have signed up for all the Craftsy Mystery workshops. The fabrics are excellent quality and I had ample amount to do the pattern. One workshop hosted by my guild cost the same and no fabric furnished. So far all the workshops have been interactive with videos.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Thank you, Onebyone--that's good to hear. I think I'm going to go for it.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:49 PM

I have made 10 quilts from the Craftsy Mystery workshops. Yes, I signed up for the November one. The mystery workshops do not have videos with the instructor like the Craftsy classes. They do have excellent photographs of each step and clear instructions. There are concise instructions that you can print out. As with the Craftsy classes, you can ask questions and, with most instructors, receive quick answers. I have always been very pleased with the fabric and with the instructions,

I am a traditional quilter. Many of the mystery quilts are modern. By making the mystery quilts, I am using fabrics and patterns that I would never have selected. I am learning new skills and by the time I have finished the quilt, I find I like it and I can always find someone to give it to. Actually, I have liked a couple of the patterns so well that I used the pattern to make an additional quilt in other fabrics. I once said that I would sign up for no more mystery workshops; but they are such fun, I cannot resist.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:14 PM

I haven't done a mystery workshop yet, but I'm a little tempted to give this one a try. You definitely can't go wrong with Robert Kaufman fabrics & 1930's Art Deco is my favorite period from which to draw inspiration. The only thing I don't love is that it looks like it makes a Twin XL quilt & I have a queen-sized bed. It sounds like a very simple pattern & should be easy to follow along. That's a good price for 10 yrds of fabric anyways, so even if the workshop is so-so, it's a good deal.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Okay--sold! I just signed up. Thanks, everyone!
Old 10-05-2014, 07:17 PM

I've never done a Mystery Workshop before. It might be fun!! Let us know how it turns out for you and we all might hop on the one for December!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:25 AM

Also You will have it forever to watch over and over. I really enjoy Craftsy Tutorials they are very good. Have Fun
Old 10-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Oh sorry. I should have said interactive with great tutorials, not video. I didn't miss the video at all, that's how good they have been.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:27 PM

I think I might try this. Thanks for letting us know.