Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fat Quarter Storage

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering what some of the ideas out there were for FQ storage,or is there something out there that one can learn to make for FQ storage?
    what about threads ??? & if u donot have the funds to buy all the bells & whistle stuff,so FQ storage & threads,any ideas will be greatly appreciated,oh & if there r how to's on either that would be fine too...!!
    Thanx in advance everyone!
    Tess :D

Banned
    i bought a tool box from home depot for $15 and keep all my thread and notions in it - its perfect because when i go to a location to sew i just grab my tool box and go.

for fabric storage i use the closet in my sewing room. i had DH build shelves in the closet and i stack all the fabric in there. i think he spent like $20 on wood to build the shelves.

I have my FQ's in one of those rolling drawer carts made by rubbermaid and bought at Target. It may have been about $30. It has 4 drawers and these drawers are slightly deeper than the others (but not the real deep ones) I fold my fats to fit in the dept of the drawer and then stack them in there so I can see the folded edge of the fabric and therefore can see at a glance what I have.

I've got two plastic under the bed storage bins. They are just the right height to stand them folded side up, raw edges down, colorized. They stack under my sewing table (a big dining table) out of the way but equally accessible to me.

Blog Entries
    I just seen a sewing room in which the woman used those tall cd storage towers to store her's! Looked really neat!
    :-)

I have my fat quarters in 2 drawers of son's dresser. He moved out so I took over. Other drawers hold fabric bought for specific projects so I don't use them by accident.

Blog Entries
    I store my FQs among the other stash in plastic bins. Likewise with the thread. I keep like fiber content/purpose together. Seems to work for me.

Blog Entries
    I store the FQ's in two 3 drawer rolling carts, 1 I had from years ago so I cleaned that out and the other I got for FREE from CL. Threads I store in a round hat box that was sitting in my closet and 3 clear thread boxes that I also got from CL for $5.

Blog Entries
    I store mine in clear boxes I purchased at The Dollar Tree, $1 each :wink:

I have my Mom's old cedar chest filled fabric and then bought those wire shelves and store fabric there.

I don't have a large selection of thread yet, so what I have is in a drawer in my sewing machine "table", close at hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast